FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

G13 problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Stormkin

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 am

G13 problem

New user here, w/ some set up woes. I've tried to set things up based off the zero to hero posting on dual-boxing.com forums, with fairly decent results, though there's things I have yet to understand. The biggest problem I'm having right now is that once I launch my character set, my G13 keypad becomes inoperable. I've tried running things from admin like someone suggested for something similar, but it stays dead until I exit out.

I can go right back into WoW manually, and it works fine, but with my character set running, I can only use my keyboard and mouse. I can talk in vent using the push to talk key on my G13 if I have Vent in the foreground, but once it's in the background, nada. Feels like I'm missing something simple, but no idea what it is. I'm already spoiled on the PiP swapping speed, character sets and ease of setting up the display, I just need get my keypad working and I think I'm sold....
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:07 am

Re: G13 problem

Inner Space and IS Boxer run with Administrator level permissions.
So anything they launch, which includes Warcraft, also has admin rights.
If you want to use the G13 software you'll need to run it as an administrator too.

If you want to use the software as it is, run it as administrator.
And continue to use it the same as you did before getting IS Boxer.

If you want to integrate it into IS Boxer.
As in, make the keys available for use with IS Boxer mapped keys.
Start Inner Space, so it is running.
Then run the profiler software, as an administrator.
Clear out everything in the G13, so it is a blank interface, no toggles, repeats, or keys set.
Then end-task out, so it is not running.
You can now use the G-keys as hotkeys for your IS Boxer mapped keys.

In the future, start IS.
Start the empty profiler software, while IS is running.
End the process.
And launch your character set.

Either way, as hotkeys for mapped keys.
Or with the Logitech software controlling the device.
Running as administrator is the key.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Stormkin

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for the quick and informative reply, Ualaa. I thought I had everything running in Admin mode, but going through and doing it all again seemed to help. The keypad worked again and life is good. I also ended up trying out the setup wizard, which was amazing. I bit off way more than I needed to with the guide I started with, though it made things a snap when I had to go back and enable some other keys. I'm already able to more with IS Boxer one day later and far easier than I've been able to with keyclone after months, and am looking forward to learning and using more.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Check out the guide section on the site.
There are video guides and written guides too.

I've always liked Zanthor's post (Zero to Hero) on dual-boxing.com.
The video series he's started (Expanding the Possibilities) looks quite interesting.

There are a lot of things you can do with IS Boxer.
It is very flexible, and the support is quite nice.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Stormkin

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks again for the info. I started with Zanthor's guide, and actually wish I hadn't. There's plenty to learn from it, just a little hard to follow in places. If I had of honestly believed the 40 second setup worked, I would have started with that and gotten a lot more play time in last night. Turns out there's another guide on dual-boxing that breaks things down better and gives a lot of real world examples of how to do specific things in WoW that I wish I had of started with... "A guide to IS Boxer (Long)" written by... Ualaa. ;)

Return to General