FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Inner Space Crashes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xerox445

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Inner Space Crashes

As soon as I load inner Space up, my primary monitor goes all green with lines through it, and my secondary goes black? Running on a single 4850, windows 7 ultmate 64 bit. I had this software before and had no issues with it, upon reinstall I can't get it to run and it crashes my system. Any Idea? Direct X Version mabey?
<<

Xeniaz

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: Inner Space Crashes

Hello Xerox445,
In order to help you solve this problem we're going to need some more information. Any details / error messages and the like that you can provide to help us track down the issue would be appreciated. If you have a log of the crash, please enter that in at http://www.privatepaste.com and add the link to that page when you reply.
<<

intelceleron11

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Inner Space Crashes

In addition to Xeniaz...

Just to clarify, it's when you load innerspace, not when you try to load your game?

Some basic steps that you may want to check is, changing your graphics drivers. Update if need be, and if that doesn't work, try downgrading, I've had that problem with nvidia cards especially - downgrading fixed it for me.

You may also want to check your RAM, there are RAM testing software available on the net. This I would think is a last resort, as to do a proper ram test, you need to let it run for at least 24 hours.

Sounds like instability, it's truly weird. I would also check to make sure that your hardware isn't overclocked. It definately sounds like a graphics issue but sometimes it's a ram issue.

Maybe Lax would know more about any specific causes

Return to General