FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with window swapping via click

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Beaky

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Problem with window swapping via click

Having some trouble with window swapping via clicking, as title suggests. It does work most of the time, but once in a while it will suddenly decide that it feels like taking a break. When this happens, one or more random clients will refuse to swap to my main window. Sometimes all of them, sometimes one or two. Completely random. Using Ctrl+Alt+1-4 will work as clicking them is intended to and will very temporarily fix it, but I'm obviously hoping to be able to take advantage of the streamline nature of clicking for window swapping.

When I click a window that is behaving this way, it will react as if I'm trying to turn my camera using a touch pad, angling the camera straight up or down and spinning. As I type this, 3 windows are currently displaying this behavior, and it also seems as though they're determined to stay on top of all other windows, including my browser, despite the fact that they don't normally do that.

I'm using Windows 7, one monitor, have attempted to adjust resolution and several other simple test remedies, but nothing's working. Running as administrator etc. Setup was done by the Wizard and I am using the latest version of IS. In case it matters, WoW is the game I'm playing.
<<

Bozse

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:12 am

Re: Problem with window swapping

Installed this last night and while I was setting things up I ran in to this issue as well, it seems to be associated with the video-fx feature in some way as it always starts between me starting to setup the source and completing the setup of the viewer.

Edit: it's something with the mouse repeater, i can setup the grid healing according to the tutorial video or by doing a repeater region but as soon as I use it to cast a heal the mouse switching stops working and causes the cam on window 2 spazout, it also breaks the functionality of my repeater region to mount up on both accounts.

Edit2: No idea what it is now, disabled grid and clique, only using focus and macro on frequently used abilitys to heal with full repeater on and it still breaks the clicking to switch windows. Sadly these are the main features anyone would use this software so unless there is a solution at hand I can't see my self keeping it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am

Umm... so I'm confused as to what the state is here. Mouse broadcasting is enabled at the time you're clicking on different windows to swap them?
<<

Bozse

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:40 am

Ok, first I set it up using the quick setup with two characters, I run two monitors so i set it to "Full screen per Character(Swapping)" , only other thing i change is removing the Jamba option and ticking the Auto-Follow.

At this stage when I log in all works just fine, so I tried to setup the healing with grid and clique according the the video guide, this breaks the click swapping resulting in the second screen acting like an old counterstrike bot that didn't know what to do, aka standing spinning like mad if you try to move the camera. So I tried to go a bit more basic, i setup two focus target macros to cast holy shock and holy light on MWU / MWD (I use these for my most used dps abilities) and then turning on the global repeater when I was in position enough to use the healing , this results in the same breaking of the click switching.

I tried to make a whole new character set to see if it was the first one that got broken some way, for this I decided to download healbot just to get what I want from the software, after logging in I switch to the second character and start setting up healbot, once done with that I clicked the first character to bring it back to the main screen and the same result again, no switch and camera uncontrollable.

Hope that makes things a bit more clear.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Where is your repeater region? Is it on the edge of the window, where you would be moving to the other?
<<

Bozse

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Problem with window swapping via click

Nope no where close to the edge, it breaks with only the global repeater as well, as in no repeater regions or video fx setup.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Right, you said that, and I was trying to determine whether the Repeater state would be on from your region as well. Thanks, I'll see if I can duplicate the issue.
<<

Bozse

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Poked around a bit more and I might have figured out the cause for it (tried 3 times), it breaks as soon as I use my M9 button on my steelseries cataclysm mouse (I use this to cast holy light with clique over grid) , used that button when setting up healbot as well, and generally use it for dps otherwise.

Edit: Hooked up an old mouse and tried rebinding and setting everything up without the cataclysm mouse and no issues what so ever so that is the cause of the problem, solution would be your table though ;)
<<

Beaky

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:06 am

Interesting. I use the same mouse, but haven't really experienced any kind of relation between use of the mouse and the problem. Then again, my mouse is the source of a lot of problems. -_- WoW never wants to detect its own mouse.

I've found a less-than-elegant solution for the time being. When the issue arises, I simply change my resolution in game and the problem typically stays fixed for the duration of that session. Not really a solution, but it's made the game playable while I try to figure out what's up.

For the record, no mouse broadcasting was being used on my part when this issue arose. Very simple Wizarded, standard, bland setup.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:30 am

This may or may not help, but ISBoxer does natively support this mouse. You can shut off the configuration software, have wow NOT detect it, and manage Hotkeys for it through ISBoxer.
Next

Return to General