FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange keymap behaviour

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tom23

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:48 am

Strange keymap behaviour

Hey guys I am really thinking of purchasing this software it's bloody amazing haha, only one small problem stopping me from doing the best I can =/

I am currently running two mages, one the main one the slave, I made the character set in the Quick Setup Wizard and everything went okay...until I tried using frostbolt. The weird thing is that on my main I can press any button, at all even on my naga and it does it perfectly, any move, but on my slave, it ALWAYS casts fireball! even if the move is not on any bar at all if I press 1/2/3/4 the slave will cast fireball fireball fireball regardless of what is on the bars for it. And want to hear the weirdest thing? if It gets to cast more than once on the same mob with the same key (say 4, which has frostbolt on it) then it will cast one fireball then go to continuous frostbolts.... <_>

Can someone help me with this? It stops me from doing anything except using one macro, which will always start with a FIREBALL!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 am

Re: Strange keymap behaviour

I take it this is World of Warcraft?

Did you make changes to your ISBoxer config after running the wizard? If so, then it would help to see your ISBoxer config -- see the sticky "How to share your config" at the top of the forum

Did you make changes to WoW key bindings in the game? If so, then this might be relevant: http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently_set_a_key_binding_in_the_game_and_now_assist_doesn.27t_work.3F (example: you may have replaced Assist with Fireball)
<<

Tom23

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:02 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/88890502f6

Here you go lax :) tried the shift+backspace keybinding method but nothing was bound.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:07 am

Your ISBoxer config is fine, except that your Interact with Target mapped key has Hold enabled so using that won't likely work. Your DPS keys are default from the wizard.

There has to be something configured in WoW or your input device (maybe your mouse?) for the behavior you are seeing. My best guess is still shift+backspace, in the window that "casts fireball fireball fireball", because if you're in window 1, it's going to send shift+backspace, followed by the key you press (1, 2, 3, 4, whatever). There's no other possibility here with the pasted config, either that window has fireball set up on shift+backspace, on 1,2,3,4 or whatever key you're pressing, or something else besides ISBoxer is changing the key you're pressing.
<<

Tom23

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Could it have anything to do with my Razer Naga?

Return to General