FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Same basic questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ricky51

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Same basic questions

Hi

First of all, sorry for this wall of text, soory for my english.

Going a little “deeper” in this wonderful software here , I find in myself same “missing of understanding”. It's a lot – ISBoxer -Innerspace– Jamba – WoW and they work together and actually fine.
I read a lot about this all, but sometimes the search functions (or I ) will not work probably.

Reload UI

There is a difference in between ISBoxer → Export to InnerSpace and /console reloadui.
If I use only the Exportfunction then sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Where is the difference ?

I found better to use the console command, but when. When I forgot to put the Char in the melee group, when I change a macro, always ?

Macros and Keys

so I create a simple macro in Keymap Control Hotkey F12
/console reloadui Target → all

This will only work, if we give a key, because WoW needs a key to start a macro.

Next step - same macro for each slot alone.
5 simple macros: same Keymap, Hotkeys F12 + Shift, Strg …. or whatever
/console reloadui Target → Slot1, Slot2, Slot3, ...

Keys ? Can I use the same key, because on every Slot is a special WoW-Account . Also when I change Account and Slot, because it is dynamic.
But I have to use another key as the “forall-macro” above –> 2 macros same key same slot = bad.

Is this way of thinking correct ??

This sended keys sometimes inter fear with the standard WowBinding Keys. So I have to clean this up. Where is the Wow-KeyBinding file ???

KeyMaps and target

All Keymap State actions always have Target → all. So I have to picture Innerspace as one kernelprogram and a subshell for each Wow-Client. The communication is Keyboard, mouse → Kernel → sub → Wow-client?
Keymaps are private for a sub/slot ??
What else is in this subshell ? Everything out of ISBoxer?

If this is correct than: for example: Spamkey switch, all or tank only.
I use 2 Keymaps ( x-self->self, x-all-> all) witch have the same maped Keys only the target is different, and a key (2 Setp-action ) to switch on and off.

If the keymap is privat it should be possible to do like this.

One keymap x-all->all and a key ( 2 Step-action )
Step 1 - Text Tank only
x-all Key Map OFF → Slot3, slot4, slot5
Step 2 - Text everyone PEWPEW
x-all Key Map ON → all

I would spare a Key Map and the double definition of the mapped keys.

Witch method is “better” ?

FTL

I found a macro in ISBoxer “/targetexact {FTL}”.
{FTL} - is this a method to address the FTL-Master per name in a macro ? When this fires ? I guess this is a Jamba-macro?
Is there more of this {xy} ?

Thank you for reading and response.

Don't worry, be happy.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Same basic questions

There is a difference in between ISBoxer → Export to InnerSpace and /console reloadui.
If I use only the Exportfunction then sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Where is the difference ?

I found better to use the console command, but when. When I forgot to put the Char in the melee group, when I change a macro, always ?

Any time you change a WoW macro through ISBoxer, for any of your active Characters, you will need to do a /console reloadui. The WoW Macros you create in ISBoxer -- in a WoW Macro Action or in the WoW Macro Library -- are implemented via the ISBoxer Addon for WoW. If you're just changing Hotkeys or something in ISBoxer, for anything other than those WoW Macros, then you do not need to /console reloadui. Ever.

so I create a simple macro in Keymap Control Hotkey F12
/console reloadui Target → all

This will only work, if we give a key, because WoW needs a key to start a macro.

Next step - same macro for each slot alone.
5 simple macros: same Keymap, Hotkeys F12 + Shift, Strg …. or whatever
/console reloadui Target → Slot1, Slot2, Slot3, ...

Keys ? Can I use the same key, because on every Slot is a special WoW-Account . Also when I change Account and Slot, because it is dynamic.
But I have to use another key as the “forall-macro” above –> 2 macros same key same slot = bad.

Is this way of thinking correct ??

Using the old WoW Macro Action is confusing you by thinking you need to create a different macro or use a different key combo. But the content of this macro is going to be "/console reloadui" regardless, so you only need one macro on one key combination.

Make macros in the WoW Macro Library, and perform them with Named WoW Macro Actions. In fact, there is already a WoW Macro there called /console reloadui, which just needs a key combination assigned to it. So set a key combination and use a Named WoW Macro Action ;)

This sended keys sometimes inter fear with the standard WowBinding Keys. So I have to clean this up. Where is the Wow-KeyBinding file ???

WoW stores its key bindings server-side by default. I'm not sure what you're asking what to change but I think you can clean up a lot of your macro usage...

All Keymap State actions always have Target → all. So I have to picture Innerspace as one kernelprogram and a subshell for each Wow-Client. The communication is Keyboard, mouse → Kernel → sub → Wow-client?
Keymaps are private for a sub/slot ??
What else is in this subshell ? Everything out of ISBoxer?

Ummm.. Inner Space lives inside each of the game instances. Each one has its own state, and communicates with the others. You can load different Key Maps in different instances, with different hotkeys, etc. Each multi-step mapped key has its own state in each window, this is why in the Activate Maps mapped key you can see it set the state in each window to match its own.

One keymap x-all->all and a key ( 2 Step-action )
Step 1 - Text Tank only
x-all Key Map OFF → Slot3, slot4, slot5
Step 2 - Text everyone PEWPEW
x-all Key Map ON → all

I would spare a Key Map and the double definition of the mapped keys.

Witch method is “better” ?

Whichever works for you and makes sense to you is "better". There's more than one way to make 4 out of 2 and 2. 2+2=4, 2*2=4. Which way is better? I think the answer is very subjective so there's no "right" answer. Yes, you can decide which windows will execute a mapped key by turning it off in whichever windows you want. You can also use Action Target Groups. etc.

You don't generally need to define things twice.

I found a macro in ISBoxer “/targetexact {FTL}”.
{FTL} - is this a method to address the FTL-Master per name in a macro ? When this fires ? I guess this is a Jamba-macro?
Is there more of this {xy} ?

This is not a Jamba macro and has nothing to do with Jamba. ISBoxer features a macro pre-processor, it generates a set of macros for each Character. You can use information you know (ISBoxer knows) about your team when you Export in order to generate a different set of macros for each Character as needed. Use the Preview pane to see what the generated macro will be for any given Character in any given Character Set.

Here's the answer you're looking for: WoW Macro
<<

Ricky51

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm

thank you a lot for responding and answer. :lol:

have fun, enjoy live

Return to General