FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Quad-boxing without macros?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eeps

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Quad-boxing without macros?

Hello,

I quad-boxed shamans back in TBC and remember myself being heavily reliant on the use of macro's as you could heavily script them. I've not really boxed since then and Im not sure on the current state of this situation however with SWTOR fast approacing I've been really looking forward to quad-boxing this game. There is a fatal flaw in this plan as I've discovered upon launch they do not plan on allowing the use of macro's and they may be added sometime later after launch.

My question to you is this: Is it possible at the moment to quad-box without macro's? I have only ever used Keyclone and am unaware of the full capability of ISBoxer. This is why I am hoping any of you could give me some guidance or helpful information of this matter. Thank you.

Regards-
Eeps.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Quad-boxing without macros?

People multibox in every multiplayer game, and each game has its own level of difficulty in achieving various things while multiboxing. Dungeons & Dragons Online doesn't even have auto-follow for example, but people who enjoy the game enough to multibox it just deal with that limitation. You just have to look at the features the game does provide, and make the best of it. You don't NEED a macro system built into the game in order to have one ability come after another -- programmable input devices and ISBoxer fill that niche too.

With that said, until the game is in wider release (rumor is that even beta will remain limited) there's no way to say one way or another.

Return to General