FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another low FPS problem person

Moderator: MiRai

<<

superparrot

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Another low FPS problem person

I have searched the forums, and unless I missed something, I cannot find anything that works so far.
I am running Vista Home Premium SP2, Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 9 GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 5750, dual monitors
I am running 2 instances of WoW. The main one runs with no noticeable fps reduction, staying around 60. The second one will start at 60, after a couple of fights will drop to 30, then to 10 and steadily degrade to 1, at which point the second WoW instance stops working and I have to cancel and restart. The first instance is unaffected by any of this.

I have tried running in a single monitor with swapping, running in dual monitors with swapping, changed the settings for fps foreground and background in isboxer, changed from DX9 to DX11 and vice versa, Lowered graphics settings on WoW to lowest possible(which really sucks, btw) changed resolutions, changed region setups within isboxer. Still having the same problems.

Am I overlooking something?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Another low FPS problem person

What usually causes significant FPS problems is one of the following:
1. Other software with in-game overlay features also being enabled (commonly X-Fire or Mumble)
2. Poor CPU balancing
3. Drivers
4. Having multiple video cards without understanding the limitations

Things to try relating to these:
1. You can turn off the in-game overlay features in X-Fire and Mumble while multiboxing
2. See http://isboxer.com/wiki/CPU_Management for helpful information. When ISBoxer 39 comes out (soon) there is a new page in the Quick Setup Wizard, and a new CPU Strategy Wizard, that will help make CPU management a no-brainer.
3. If you haven't updated your drivers recently, especially your ATI Catalyst drivers, now would be a good time
4. I assume you don't have two video cards because if you did, you probably would have listed two 5750's. But if you do, then see http://isboxer.com/wiki/GPU_Management for helpful information.

If none of these suggestions help, then I'm going to need the Hijack This! logs described near the bottom of this post: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1251 (When ISBoxer 39 comes out there's also an easy way to get me this information without all of that mess, but that's probably next weekend)

I've never seen the issue you're describing, though, where FPS drops over time, just so we're clear on that. It sounds like a memory leak, and I would guess it's related to drivers (nobody else is reporting such an issue)
<<

superparrot

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I have a single video card.
Updated drivers, shut down everything except Avira antivirus and Interspace, reset isboxer to default and redid my group, reset my foreground and background fps limits.
here is the link for the posted hijack log:
http://privatepaste.com/ff6a426edb

Still having the same problems, in addition to my main screen now running at 20 fps.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Cool, things I've never heard of, that always makes this fun :)

Shut these down and see if you still get the same problems:
Code:
C:\Windows\MHotKey.exe
C:\Windows\ChiFuncExt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crazy Browser\Crazy Browser.exe

Also, the other type of hijack this log described in that post will tell me what modules are actually getting loaded into the game process, that one is usually more helpful
<<

superparrot

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Yeah, ok... I didn't read the entire post.. got antsy and jumped in...

Killed those three functions.. (usually do anyway). Killed Crazybrowser.
Got through 14 fights before fps got so low on second instance that it crashed the game again.

Hijack this log file shows Avira antivirus running, Innerspace, Hijackthis, crazy browser, notepad, and 2 WoW.( Hijackthis, crazy browser, notepad were not running during gameplay.)
Here are the two proper logs. Sorry about the first one.

http://privatepaste.com/280ca20cab

Thanks!
<<

superparrot

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Ok, I think I discovered the problem.
When I set up, I had originally designed my own regions on one monitor, which had my second instance running inside a small window which overlapped my first one.
I reset everything again, but this time did not make up a region area, but went with the single monitor with switching, which places the second instance to the bottom of the main, but not overlapping.

So far I have not dipped below 25 fps while sitting still, between 50-60 while moving. (fingers crossed!)

Return to General