FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to spam a mapped key repeatedly?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Yoor

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 pm

How to spam a mapped key repeatedly?

I'm using a G19 keyboard. I map my G1 key to a map that sends the character "4" to one of my screens. That part works great.

But what I'd really like is for the G1 key to toggle on/off. So when I hit it the first time, it sends "4" at one second intervals to one specific screen. Then when I hit it again, it stops spamming it.

And in a perfect world, it lights-up the G1 key on my keyboard (which a G19 can do) so I can see if it's on or off.

Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: How to spam a mapped key repeatedly?

Also known as "autofire" this functionality is not available in ISBoxer, as it is against the rules of most if not all of the games we play. Sorry!
<<

Yoor

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 pm

How do you deal with games like EQ where you have to continuously spam keys such as bash and taunt? I'm not looking for a full automation macro, but it sure would be nice to not wear out a key simply pressing "5".

Also... what about the lighting-up trick? Can one of the steps in a mapped key be to light/unlight the G19 key?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 pm

EQ is no different from the other games around here, really. You have to continuously spam keys in combat in World of Warcraft, LOTRO, EQ2, etc.

The grand design we recommend is for you to set up one key for general spamming, and then a few additional keys for situational abilities. I have two DPS buttons that do largely the same thing, with the second one just going into "overdrive" (adding more abilities into the sequence). The DPS button can rotate between different abilities and such each time you press it, and depending on the game it can do something both when you press, and then when you release the button. You can manage different rotations for each class/role with the same button. (including healer) I've also got buttons set up that switch those DPS buttons between area and single targets. I don't know if EQ bards are still like they were when I played in Planes of Power and thereabouts, but twisting songs would easily fit into these rotations as well.

I also have a button for assist, and a button for follow. These are right next to my DPS button. I spam all 3 of them a lot. For situationals I have keys set up that group different classes abilities together -- a stun button, a manually-targeted AOE button, a crowd-control button (including round-robin), a panic button, a "blow all my cooldowns that give me extra dps" button, and so on.

Hitting buttons is to be expected during combat, the trick is to do it efficiently ;)

As far as "lighting up trick" theres not much of a trick to it, it's just a light and doesn't affect anything. The Light Action only works on G11 and G15 keyboards, currently.
<<

Yoor

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:18 pm

So do I just include a step that lights the button up? Is that a supported step?
<<

Yoor

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 pm

And let's say (hypothetically) that I wanted a toggle on/off button for taunt and bash.

Right now I have my G19 switch to the "Unassigned" profile, where all the keys have no macros attached to them.

Couldn't I make my single-fire taunt/bash something like G2 in IsBoxer, then make map only one key (i.e. G1) such that it toggles on/off making G2 fire every second?

I wouldn't be using your software at all to autofire, but I'd map the G1 key using the Logitech software to repeatedly fire the G2 key. Does that work? Can you split key assignments like that?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:40 pm

:roll:

I don't support the use of autofire, and since I already explained that and why, I was hoping we could stop talking about it entirely as this site is NOT for discussing the finer points of breaking the rules regardless of whether or not the actual breaking of the rule would be performed with ISBoxer or other hardware or software. With that said, ISBoxer does not prevent you from using the full capabilities of your keyboard in the privacy of your own home...

You would probably set your Logitech profile to press a normal key combination rather than a G-key (something tells me the Logitech software may not support that anyway) but ISBoxer will interpret whatever key combo you want it to as a Hotkey.

So do I just include a step that lights the button up? Is that a supported step?

There is a Light Action that is available as part of any Step (a Step can have lots of Actions). This action currently only works on the G11, or G15 models; it will do nothing on your G19
<<

Yoor

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Thank you for the information. I've been a three-computer, die-hard boxer (the old fashioned way) for years and I'm really enjoying the conversion to your product.

IMO there are a few toons that may be better served by a dedicated computer (i.e. EQ enchanters), but your product covers the vast majority of boxing and seems very impressive. I'll convert my 90-day subscription to a longer one shortly.

Return to General