FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up ISboxer problem, Going from 6 folders to virtual?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Moocrew-ghonosyph

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:32 am

Setting up ISboxer problem, Going from 6 folders to virtual?

Subject seems a little wonky, so i'll do my best to explain my issue, and hopefully help some other people with the same problem get some helps! :)

I've been using keyclone and several custom UI elements to 5 box and 4 box on my computer. In doing so i have made 6 different wow folders on my computer. ALL my 40 some toons have a custom UI with macaroon profiles and dozens of macros and such set up.

I run a dual monitor system, and i primarily run heroics with my druid 3 dk team with the dks on the left monitor and my druid on the right. I also run 5 pallys that i'm currently leveling up and have a similar monitor setup. I cant stress this point enough, EACH AND EVERY TOON has a custom setup ui. I've gone thru months of setting up my keybinds and what not to be effective and to my liking/playstyle, not sure what i'd do if i absolutely HAD to reset each UI lol.

Due to recent frustrations, and due to all the hype and features of is boxer and innerspace i've decided to try and switch, paid full year already and downloaded everything.

Now the problem i'm running into seems pretty simple. I ran the wizard, and i can set up everything just fine to load my wow screens and set everything up easy enough for simple boxing. This isn't bad and i could sit thru doing all my ui's over again, but i dont think i'd be qualified as a sane person anymore if i had to do it again! :) haha

The only problem i'm finding is now, ALL the new isboxer opened wow's load from the same folder, and from what i can tell there's absolutely no way i can tell isboxer/innerspace WHAT folder to take from. In doing so ALL of my UI elements are fresh/messed up(because i've not the same config and what not from each of my 6 wow folders in each folder<-- that made sence in my head at least lol) Am i gonna have to reset all of my ui's on all of my toons again>? Is there a way to set up windows to pull from my various folders and use my already custom ui elements? Or do i just have to grit my teeth grin and bear it?

Is there a way to save my specific settings/configs all to the default folder innerspace/isboxer uses?

any help would be super awesome :) even if its a "nope, sir you're screwed!" :D
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 am

Re: Setting up ISboxer problem, Going from 6 folders to virtual?

When you run the wizard, it asks which game you are running, and it asks which profile you want to use.

The game will obviously be warcraft.
However, the profile is the default game.

You can create as many profiles as you like.
With each profile pointing to a unique wow folder.

To add another profile, it is in the Inner Space configuration.
I've not done this exactly, but did change the path to my wow folder from the C Drive to my SSD.
I've also heard you can create multiple profiles, to force certain wow clients to run on different video cards, so I know you can have more then one profile.

If you right click on the IS icon in the system tray.
The same one you use to launch your team.
Add Game and Configuration are options.

I would imagine you'd add a game.
When I click this, it has Name and Game Executable, as the options.
Although it might be in Configuration, as I changed the path for my game in that option.

Hmm..
Clicking on Configuration.
Going to Game Configuration Tab.
There is an option for Profiles (with a drop down box) and an option for new profile.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:49 am

You're definitely not screwed. There is hope for you! ;)

There is a way to copy all your settings over, probably just need to merge all your WTF\Account folders into the main one. I don't think you'd have to do anything else to go from using many folders to using 1.

If you WANT to use multiple folders (if you're already been doing this for a while, there's no shame in keeping it), here's how.

1. Add Game Profiles to Inner Space
The easiest way to add the additional folders to IS is with "Add Game". You can add profiles to an existing Game in IS, but this requires you to use the Configuration interface and manually type in the path and filename. Easier to just use Add Game, just name the Game based on the folder name or whatnot, and select the appropriate wow.exe.

After adding Games/Profiles to Inner Space, close Inner Space so it will store the settings to disk. Then restart ISBoxer so it will load them.

2. Select profiles per Character in ISBoxer. As Ualaa pointed out, the Quick Setup Wizard uses 1 Game Profile for all of your Characters. But, you can go to each Character and select a different Game and Game Profile afterward.
<<

Moocrew-ghonosyph

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:35 pm

cool thanks! i'll have to try it. Being that each folder will be different in this sence, will i still be able to benefit from instant window swapping? or will doing a setup like this bork everything up for me? hehe

I primarily run a focus as lead system and have all those implements in place already, Just moving toward improving my game play with my dks, mainly for mouse repeating aoe spells.

With the auto ftl, i can basically eliminate my focus based bar /targeting bar correct? I've got one bar devoted to 7 buttons. focus team 1 2 3 4 and 5, and assist focus on f and follow focus on shift f. All those buttons can now be used for something else from what i understand =)?

meh enough questions lol im gonna go try and set some of this up right now ! :) i'll get back with any more questions if they arise, thanks for the help guys!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Being that each folder will be different in this sence, will i still be able to benefit from instant window swapping? or will doing a setup like this bork everything up for me? hehe

The folders will not make a difference for the instant swapping. You would get better load-from-disk performance (like when going through Dalaran and the game has to load the textures for different players and their gear, etc) from a single folder (assuming you're not symlinking the Data folders; if you are, then you're probably fine) but other than that, nothing special. You do not lose any features of ISBoxer

I primarily run a focus as lead system and have all those implements in place already, Just moving toward improving my game play with my dks, mainly for mouse repeating aoe spells.

With the auto ftl, i can basically eliminate my focus based bar /targeting bar correct? I've got one bar devoted to 7 buttons. focus team 1 2 3 4 and 5, and assist focus on f and follow focus on shift f. All those buttons can now be used for something else from what i understand =)?

Yes, you could do something else entirely with focus and those buttons you had to manage it :)
<<

Moocrew-ghonosyph

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:21 am

after messing with the set up for about 2 hours trying to get it to work, i finally set something up to get my loading screens in the right spots like i had them in keyclone. although at the loading screens password input isn't repeated, so i stopped at that point. Do you have to manually input each before IS starts repeating ?

also, when the left side monitor(the 19"monitor with the 4 other wow's on it, ie my alt monitor) loaded the four wows, the graphics looked a little messed, like the fonts and lettering were blurry and didn't look right. I've had this problem happen with keyclone before, and it just takes a quick reload of the wow loading screen to fix it, but in IS it wouldn't fix itself with a reload.

I got fed up trying to set up more and make it work right, so i gave up lol. game time > fun setup time.

Also, how exactly does the window swapping work. I tried clicking from monitor to monitor and it would swap the windows immediately, is there a way to disable that and only make it swap windows off a keybind? ie F9 - F12 and Shift+F12 are my former pip swap +focus swap keys. i can take out the macro's easy enough, but i've loved the pip swap off that key cuz i've got my wow mouse buttons tied to those keybinds and am used to it that way already hehe.

I guess i'm going to have to devote a days worth of research to figure out the setup / functions of IS and isboxer, lol so far the quick setup advertisement has been anything but! :) i'm eager to make it work like i've got keyclone working(which should be VERY simple imo as its just the windows in the right spot and the PiP swap /basic key repeating that i use) and then i can start using all the fun new stuff in IS like mouse repeating and maybe even getting to use my druid as a healer with repeater regionz ! :D
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:14 am

Moocrew-ghonosyph wrote:after messing with the set up for about 2 hours trying to get it to work, i finally set something up to get my loading screens in the right spots like i had them in keyclone. although at the loading screens password input isn't repeated, so i stopped at that point. Do you have to manually input each before IS starts repeating ?

Your character set should have a repeater profile loaded by default if you used the wizard [and left the 'Control' keymap attached to your character set]. The default binding is Shift+Alt+R [I believe]. If not you'll have to setup a profile and a hotkey for it yourself in ISBoxer.

also, when the left side monitor(the 19"monitor with the 4 other wow's on it, ie my alt monitor) loaded the four wows, the graphics looked a little messed, like the fonts and lettering were blurry and didn't look right. I've had this problem happen with keyclone before, and it just takes a quick reload of the wow loading screen to fix it, but in IS it wouldn't fix itself with a reload.

If you have 4 WoWs on 1 monitor I'm assuming they're separated into 4 quadrants that are 'squished' and that distortion, as far as I know, is unavoidable.

Also, how exactly does the window swapping work. I tried clicking from monitor to monitor and it would swap the windows immediately, is there a way to disable that and only make it swap windows off a keybind? ie F9 - F12 and Shift+F12 are my former pip swap +focus swap keys. i can take out the macro's easy enough, but i've loved the pip swap off that key cuz i've got my wow mouse buttons tied to those keybinds and am used to it that way already hehe.

Someone else may correct me on this because I'm not 100% sure but...
Under your character set select each slot one by one and change the PiP swap key. Also check 'and only when I use the above hotkey'. Then go down to your window layout [this is where I'm not 100% sure] and you'll see an option for 'Main region switcher' and 'When clicking on a focus window the game should...' options. I believe it's one of those that will stop your screens from swapping when clicking on them.

A quick reply before I went to work this morning. Hopefully someone else can add to this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:48 am

at the loading screens password input isn't repeated, so i stopped at that point. Do you have to manually input each before IS starts repeating ?

What Mirai said. Hit Shift+Alt+R to enable Repeater for 1-to-1 broadcasting (this is for things like entering the same password on all, or if you want to type out a command for all of them to do like /wave), and hit Shift+Alt+M to disable most of the key mappings (e.g. the ones that modify the Action Bar hotkeys 1 through =. if you have a number in your password (required in wow?) then leaving these mappings on will confuse you). Then enter your password. Turn Key Maps back on again with Shift+Alt+M, and turn Repeater back off again with Shift+Alt+R after you are done logging in. Key Maps always override Repeater (Repeater does not need to be on, and in general should be off). This is described in the 40 second configuration video too :)

Are your monitors the same size? Or aspect ratio? There shouldn't be any actual "distortion" unless the aspect ratios of the monitors are different. If they are the same, the aspect ratio should be preserved by all of the windows in your window layout. However, you will notice that the windows are shrunk from their full size, so not only are the windows now 1/4th the size, everything in them -- including text -- is now 1/4th the size as well. While this may sound inconvenient, the truth of the matter is you don't actually need to read anything in the other windows. (But if you'd rather, I will explain how in a moment) It is impossible to get instant window swapping without this -- which is why you will never see this speed in today's other multiboxing software. Note that with this instant speed, you can switch to any window you want, read whatever text it was you wanted to see, and switch back (recommend using Jamba for whisper forwarding, I don't know anything else that I care to read on my non-main toons personally). This is also a factor in the perfect mouse broadcasting.

So, assuming you want to keep the Swap feature enabled, there is a way to change the look of the windows. But it's also going to change the look of the main window. By default, the main window is "actual size" and the others are shrunk from that size to the configured size. But, you can set it up to be that the smaller windows are "actual size" and the main window is instead blown up. Or, pick a happy medium where the main window is blown up and the smaller windows are shrunk. Any of these can be accomplished by setting the "Desired rendering size" option (you can type your own size in the box, the drop-down is just suggestions). This can let you keep all of the speed but give yourself some readability in the slave windows, at the cost of also changing how the main window looks.

In Window Layout click the "when I press a Slot activate hotkey" option, after setting the hotkeys per Slot in your Character Set. Then if you want the game to treat the first click on a window differently (WoW will ignore the first click by default), set the "When clicking to focus on a window, the game should" option.

I guess i'm going to have to devote a days worth of research to figure out the setup / functions of IS and isboxer, lol so far the quick setup advertisement has been anything but!

Yeah well, you're also asking about some very specific things that aren't involved in quick setup! You were already up and running, after all, and that is the goal of the Quick Setup. :) You will be forever tweaking your config when you think of more things.
<<

Moocrew-ghonosyph

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:42 pm

so repeater isn't auto enabled then hmm
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:12 pm

No.. you can turn it on by default if you like, in your Repeater Profile. It's off by default because it doesn't really need to be on by default. :)
Next

Return to General