FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I can't seem to delete an old character from isboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lamf123

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:45 am

I can't seem to delete an old character from isboxer

So I recently created a new DK team and I had already had a couple created on two of five accounts but I wanted to change race so I deleted them both. On one account I used the exact same name and I'm not having issues with this one. On the other account I changed the name by 1 letter from "r" to "rr". I then created the team via the wizard in isboxer making sure I chose the "rr" (the "r" still shows up on the list in the wizard). When I log in I get an isboxer error that "r" character is not logged in and when I hit the invite macro it doesn't invite "rr". At this point Jamba shows "r" and I have to remove him and add "rr" then invite macro works but I still get the message that "r" isnt online. if i log out and back in Jamba shows "r" and now "rr" again

I've deleted and created the team a couple of time
I've deleted and recreated the wtf files
I've deleted "r"out of the list of characters but he still shows up in the wizard.

What do I need to do to get isboxer to recognize "rr" and not "r" or is this something with Jamba?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 am

Re: I can't seem to delete an old character from isboxer

Okay two things.

First of all, the name that is used for your Character is configured by the "Actual name" field in ISBoxer (select the Character in the top pane and it's one of the options in the bottom right).

Secondly, sometimes people get confused by this continuing to show up because their Export to Inner Space resulted in an error message rather than "Export successful". If it doesn't say "Export successful" and especially if it says "WoW addon generation failed", it's not going to update the ISBoxer Addon.

So... to "fix" this for any given Character, select him in the top pane in ISBoxer, change the Actual name field to match the character's actual name, do an Export to Inner Space and ensure that it says "Export successful" (solve any problems that it says need solving). If the game is still running at this point, do a /console reloadui in each window.

As far as showing up in the Quick Setup Wizard, these are from your WoW\WTF\Account folder. There's sub-folders for each WoW account, then a sub-folder for realm, and then for characters. If you don't want it to show up in the wizard, remove the character folder.
<<

lamf123

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Re: I can't seem to delete an old character from isboxer

Deleting the wtf folder from the wow install did the trick, after that I got all the isboxer prompts to update the new character and its working like it should

Return to General