Moderator: MiRai

<<

toddhitch

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Assist issue

Forgive my noobness...=)

http://pastebin.com/m1b5fe493

3 WOW accounts.

Last night I played right out of the box with no problems. 2 accounts and a temporary recruit a friend account. 3 mages to level 10 then 3 hunters to level 10. Loving it...

Went out an bought 2 copies of the game. (actually had one already) upgraded the RAF account to a full account and added an additional RAF account. So, now, I can have 3 characters all getting the triple exp, etc.

I went through the quick set up just as I did the night before. No changes set up just the same with bartender/xperl/jamba, etc.

Created 3 mages. They follow each other just fine. I switch characters the others follow suit. With the mage you start with fireball in slot 1 and frost armor in slot 2. I hit "2" and all three put on their buff. I started killing...no problem I cast fireball they all go into the animation. Kill a dozen or so to get my first character's quest completed. Then I moved to the second character. When I tried to cast fireball...only that character would cast the fireball. I hit "2" again and all three cast the buff. I tried the third character and the same thing. The other two wont cast fireball "1".

I tried all the basic things, restarting the computer. Relogging into battle.net. I deleted the character set and started over. I logged in all three separately without using Inner Space. I'm lost here.

One thing is that in the ISBboxer setup, It lists the new RAF accounts with random numbers (305103#1) and (303103#2). The accounts are WOW1 and WOW2. Also, when using Blizzard Authenticator, I'm having sometimes to input the authenticator numbers twice. However, the second WOW2 account is the one that works correctly.

I am getting a game error when I do the shift-alt-i group invite that says "you can't invite yourself to a group." It then logs in only the one character that will cause the three to work together. Even this character gets that error when I try to add the team.

Hope this is understandable. I have 30 days to play these guys and I don't want to miss out on the fun!

Thanks,

Todd.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 am

Re: Assist issue

If it says you can't invite yourself to the group, that means you must be logging into the wrong account in the wrong window. I'm 99.99% sure this is the problem, as the invite macro will never invite the current toon.

Close out WoW, Export from ISBoxer, and if it pops up a box that says it wants to fix your configuration click yes.

When you first launch the game, the right account should be shown as selected in the drop-down box, but when you hit Login it may pop up the battle.net account selection box. Just re-pick the same one that was selected in the box. You will then never have to pick your account from that list again, unless you merge another WoW account into your battle.net account (in which case, do the same thing)
<<

toddhitch

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Ok, so lets work through this one. when I launch the Mage character set it gives me the three windows. My main account comes up fine but the other two have a group of numbers "305103" as my battlenet login name. What is probably happening is the system is wanting me to choose the right one and when I don't it messes up the configuration.

As a side note, I made a group of horde shaman's last night and it worked just fine.

I must have done something in the original set up prior to linking them all together to mess it up. IIRC I did set up the Jamba team prior to linking the accounts. I'll go back in and delete the team from in game through Jamba. Then I'll delete the characters/character set from inside ISBoxer. Let's see if it will work.
<<

toddhitch

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Ok, so I created a whole new fresh team on Stormrage...still came up with the same problem. I went and created another fresh new team on a different server...no problems at all.

Is there some way to purge all my info within ISBoxer so I can just log in with a clean slate? Either that or there is something wrong with some addon settings (I'm thinking Jamba).

I'm going to try a fresh group of Paladins on Stormrage and see what happens
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:36 pm

File, Clear if you want to clear your ISBoxer info. The virtual config.wtf files will still be there, though, so if you want to clear those you can go into the World of Warcraft\WTF folder and delete all the extra Config.WTF files (there's one per character)
<<

toddhitch

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Great thanks, that was the next question...what to do with the actual game config.

THX

Let's hope this works.
<<

toddhitch

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 am

BINGO!

Return to General