FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Startup Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Seish

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 am

Re: Startup Issues

My keyboard, mouse, keyboard, and windows are all Korean. Do you think that may be an issue. There are definetly more keys on this keyboard than the US keyboards.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 am

Seish wrote:My keyboard, mouse, keyboard, and windows are all Korean. Do you think that may be an issue. There are definetly more keys on this keyboard than the US keyboards.

This software is in use all around the world with all kinds of different keyboards, on all different flavors of Windows... I don't think this issue is caused by you using a Korean Windows, mouse, and/or keyboard. I still think this sounds like a bug where IS thinks Ctrl and Alt are down (again, Ctrl+Alt+Z and Ctrl+Alt+X will rotate between instances, so if you hit Z or X and it rotates, it's because it thinks Ctrl and Alt are down. this is NOT likely to be simply because you are Korean), but without you responding and saying "I tried tapping Ctrl and Alt and it [did or did not] change the behavior" there is no way to prove or disprove this. That's what I was hoping for you to try when I suggested it, but it sounds like you are not interested in trying it.
<<

garthar2

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm

I went though the "Quick Setup" and everything went smoothly. I went to the extent of changing my passwords to not include the letter "m" and I get a a message saying "Unable to Connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support at:
[http//us.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?gameld=11&rootCategoryld=2316]

Get same issue. Tryed press shift + alt+M, disable keymaps, turn off broadcastintg. Then just copypast my password. it`s not helped. Any ideas?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Unable to connect, is not IS Boxer specific.

Your computer cannot communicate with the blizzard log in server.
Check to see if you have internet access at that point, via a browser.

If you do, go to the Blizzard forums and check if there's a current issue with the log in server.
If there is, they'll frequently post when the server will be back up.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a password issue, and ISBoxer and Inner Space do not affect communications to Blizzard's servers in any way. At all, ever.

Commonly this type of problem will solve itself after a short amount of time, as the internet servers being relied upon to look up and establish the connection are fixed.
<<

garthar2

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:33 am

My english is far from perfect, sorry about that. I cant login in wow windows, started in IS ONLY. Usual way working. It`s not a problem with inet connection.
Windows seven firewall is off. IS properties to start as Administrator. IS start 5 windows, i press 2 times shift+alt+M, pop up message about Key Maps off, type password, number of "*" equial number of symbols in my password, enter, error message.
I am going to try IS under XP windows. But i need 8Gbyte memory, so anyway this is bad decision.
Thx for replies anyway.

The same under XP.

One more detail: if I type wrong password, message is "incorrect password", if I type right password, "Unable to Connect. Please try again.. bla bla"
<<

Moocrew-ghonosyph

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:05 am

yes if you type in your password correctly and you're getting an error that says "unable to connect, please try again later" then your internet connection is being interrupted some how, or blizzard login server is down for some reason*(likely during wow maintenance lol)

If you're getting wrong password error its likely due to something else. Mash alt and control buttons a couple times to make sure they're not "stuck" lol I've had this problem too, and that fixed it for me.
<<

garthar2

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:40 am

As i told, connection is ok. I play 5 window with keyclone, play standard wow window ( tomorrow killed professor 25). But IS windows cant login.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:45 pm

We understand that, but as I told you, IS nor ISBoxer affect your connection in any way.

Try shutting down other running programs. If you use a proxy to play, it's possible that your proxy software does not play nicely with Inner Space. If you use an internet security suite, try disabling it temporarily to see if that helps. On a clean install of Windows, there is absolutely no reason you would experience this issue
<<

garthar2

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:45 pm

lax wrote:We understand that, but as I told you, IS nor ISBoxer affect your connection in any way.

Try shutting down other running programs. If you use a proxy to play, it's possible that your proxy software does not play nicely with Inner Space. If you use an internet security suite, try disabling it temporarily to see if that helps. On a clean install of Windows, there is absolutely no reason you would experience this issue

This is clean install. I dont use proxy. If i launch wow.exe, simultaneously or alone, all is right. If i start keyclone, all is ok. alas, but it seems, i wasting time and money... Good suit, but not for me.
May i start IS after launch and login wow windows?
PreviousNext

Return to General