FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Startup Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Seish

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 am

Startup Issues

I went though the "Quick Setup" and everything went smoothly. I went to the extent of changing my passwords to not include the letter "m" and I get a a message saying "Unable to Connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support at:
[http//us.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?gameld=11&rootCategoryld=2316]
I tried to login and the backspace key does not work. If I hit the escape key, it closes out my window. If I open wow regularly everything works fine.

I do live in South Korea and am using a Korean version of Windows 7, so that may be an issue. Can someone please help me?

P.S. Guess I should have tried the free day trial prior to purchasing the software.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:53 am

Re: Startup Issues

You need to temporarily disable your keymaps when typing in your password by pressing Shift+Alt+M. If you wish to change the keyboard binding currently associated with toggling your keymaps on/off you can find it under the Control section in ISBoxer. It is named Activate Maps.
<<

Seish

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am

I just tried that and got the same result. I went into the "Key Maps" under my first Character set and there was nothing written under the character set. I then went to the "Key Maps" under the "ISboxer" and clicked the toggles listed:
- Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held
- World of Warcraft: Use FTL Modifiers
I then expoted and tried to open wow again. This time it gives me a different message telling me that my account information is not correct. The "backspace" and "delete" keys are still not working even after I hit Shift+alt+M

I followed the quickstartup video perfectly and it has not worked at all. I even make new characters and everything. I am not sure why it isn't working. It loves to swap screens while I am typing my passwords which means I hit the letter "Z" on my keyboard. I do not have any keybinds setup yet because I can't even start the game.

I used pwnboxer for a while and thought I was ready for the upgrade to ISboxer. Apparently I am not competent enough to run this program. It is too difficult and too frustrating for me to figure out. After playing around with it for literally 5 hours and not even being able to open the game. I think I will just give up on this and take the $40 loss.

This software is definetly not user friendly. Also, there is not anything on my screens that has the title "Activate Maps". I don't know why.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 am

I went though the "Quick Setup" and everything went smoothly. I went to the extent of changing my passwords to not include the letter "m" and I get a a message saying "Unable to Connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support at:

What's wrong with the letter M?

I then went to the "Key Maps" under the "ISboxer" and clicked the toggles listed:
- Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held
- World of Warcraft: Use FTL Modifiers
I then expoted and tried to open wow again. This time it gives me a different message telling me that my account information is not correct. The "backspace" and "delete" keys are still not working even after I hit Shift+alt+M

If the Backspace and Delete keys aren't working, it sounds like there's problems that have nothing to do with your ISBoxer configuration... Unless you made a Hotkey in your ISBoxer configuration using Backspace or Delete. I'm not sure why you tried checking those two options, but neither of them would affect this issue...

I went into the "Key Maps" under my first Character set and there was nothing written under the character set.

Under your Character Set you have the ability to assign any number of Key Maps. Clicking on a Key Map in that context will not show you anything interesting.

It loves to swap screens while I am typing my passwords which means I hit the letter "Z" on my keyboard. I do not have any keybinds setup yet because I can't even start the game.

This software is definetly not user friendly.

If I was going through all the trouble you're going through, I might think it's not user friendly either. This is the first I've heard of anyone having these issues. If you hit Z and the windows swap, that means Ctrl and Alt are held down (or just AltGr is held down -- Windows defines AltGr is defined as Ctrl+Alt). Ctrl+Alt+Z and Ctrl+Alt+X will rotate between windows. The question, then, is whether it is held down because of a bug, for example you hit Ctrl+Alt+Something or AltGr+Something and then this problem starts. If you can help me reproduce your problem, then there is a good chance I can fix it. Lastly, you can probably fix the problem when it happens by tapping both Ctrl and Alt.

Also, there is not anything on my screens that has the title "Activate Maps". I don't know why.

"Activate Maps" is a Mapped Key created by the Quick Setup Wizard. It's found in the "Control" Key Map. If you click on "Control" under "Key Maps" in the top pane, you will see it in the list of Mapped Keys in the bottom left, right above "Activate Repeat".

Apparently I am not competent enough to run this program. It is too difficult and too frustrating for me to figure out. After playing around with it for literally 5 hours and not even being able to open the game. I think I will just give up on this and take the $40 loss.

There is a 14-day refund policy, no reason to take a loss. The main problem is that you went looking at your ISBoxer configuration to try to solve this problem that is not caused by your ISBoxer configuration. :)
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:15 pm

I have bound Keyboard Repeating to my M1 light key, on my G15.
And Mouse Repeating to my M2 light key, on the G15.
And Key Maps to my M3 light key, on the G15.

If the light is on, the feature is enabled.
If the light is off, the feature is disabled.

At initial start up, even if the lights are off, sometimes the feature is on.

I have a simple fix for this.
At initial start up, when I'm at the log in screen.
I press M3, get the message Keymaps Activated. Then press it a second time, for Keymaps Disabled.
I then press M1, which turns on broadcasting (although the light was already on, and broadcasting was off).
Then type the password, hit enter.
Type the authenticator code, hit enter.

Once I've done the M1, M2 and M3 lights once.
They are in sync, and stay in sync in game.
It is just the initial set up.

I'd suggest sticking with IS Boxer if you can.
It might be a bit frustrating to get it working.
But it is very much worthwhile, far surpassing anything else on the market.
It supports more games then possibly every other boxing option combined.
And the things you can do, in games, surpasses any other boxing software; flexibility is power.
Lax is extremely good at updating it to work with any game that is remotely popular.
And if things break, there are fixes quite quickly.
Not to mention, new features coming out all the time.
There is the IRC, for quick support.
And the forums for detailed support.
And pretty good support for IS/IS:Boxer on www.dual-boxing.com too.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Seish

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:44 pm

I prefer to use this software because the other stuff I use seems a bit amature.

As for the letter "m" key not working, that was only the first day I tried to use the software. It worked the next day. I meant to delete that but apparently didn't. However, I am 100% positive I am not holding down ctrl+alt when I am typing my password (including the letter "z") or hitting delete/backspace. In fact, even the spacebar doesn't work when I highlight the username to delete it. I don't have any assigned keys that I am aware of. I deleted all keybinds from my other multibox software after the first poster mentioned it.

I will play with it more when I get back from work this evening.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:17 am

Take a look at whatever key you have assigned to toggle keymaps on and off, and repeater on and off.

When you're at the password screen, press the keymap on key.
And then press it again, so you know it is off.

Then press repeater, so you know keyboard repeating is on.

I have to enable then disable keymaps (on then off), to be able to type my password correctly.
At start up, even though my G15 light for keymaps on, is not on, IS Boxer behaves as if it is.
By turning them on, and then off, it "syncs" it or whatever.
Pretty simple, once I figured that out.

Once I've done that once, it remembers which is good.
Just need to do it, each time I start up.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:31 am

Seish wrote:I prefer to use this software because the other stuff I use seems a bit amature.

As for the letter "m" key not working, that was only the first day I tried to use the software. It worked the next day. I meant to delete that but apparently didn't. However, I am 100% positive I am not holding down ctrl+alt when I am typing my password (including the letter "z") or hitting delete/backspace. In fact, even the spacebar doesn't work when I highlight the username to delete it. I don't have any assigned keys that I am aware of. I deleted all keybinds from my other multibox software after the first poster mentioned it.

I will play with it more when I get back from work this evening.

It's less about you purposefully holding down Ctrl+Alt and more about it possibly being a bug where the software THINKS the keys are down when it should not. Tapping the keys may resolve that
<<

Seish

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:40 am

I will definetly give it a try when the servers come back up.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:01 pm

You stated a Korean version of Windows. Is your keyboard Korean or US? Also in Windows 7, under your Control Panel, there is a setting called 'Region and Language' [not sure what the Korean translation is] where you can change the language layout of your keyboard. Perhaps double checking or playing with those options may yield some results. This is an odd problem you're experiencing and I'm just taking a few stabs in the dark.
Next

Return to General