FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

switching windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:51 pm

switching windows

Is there a way to quickly switch between the primary window and the secondary window without using the mouse.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: switching windows

By default there are hotkeys Ctrl+Alt+1 through Ctrl+Alt+9 to switch to specific windows. You can set a different Hotkey per Slot in your Character Set, which will override (remove) the Ctrl+Alt+# keys
<<

Slats

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:12 am

Lax is there a way to change the default keys? Currently there is a bug wihch I believe you are aware of that when you Copy a Character Set that it drops any custom keys you set for switching windows.

If there was a way so that I could override the default that way whenever I copy a character set it will still keep the standard keys I use (F9-F12)
<<

kasmar45

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:04 am

I am not an ISBoxer expert, but as Lax posted above, you change the defaults by clicking on character sets and then the slot numbers. The first box at the top is "Hotkey to switch to this character". Just change that to whatever key combo you want it to be.
<<

Slats

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 am

I understand that. But if you right click an existing character set and choose 'Make Copy...' it wipes these keys out so for every new character set you need to go in and re-add them.

I always use the same setup (F9-F12) for any character set I make so if you can modify a file somewhere to use these vs Ctrl+Alt+1 etc so that when you Copy a Character Set you wouldn't need to add custom PiP Swap Keys.

Its a minor inconvenience at the moment - but I do have alot of character sets as I swap in and out different characters to try out different group makeups and this would save me alot of time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:39 am

Slats wrote:I understand that. But if you right click an existing character set and choose 'Make Copy...' it wipes these keys out so for every new character set you need to go in and re-add them.

I always use the same setup (F9-F12) for any character set I make so if you can modify a file somewhere to use these vs Ctrl+Alt+1 etc so that when you Copy a Character Set you wouldn't need to add custom PiP Swap Keys.

Its a minor inconvenience at the moment - but I do have alot of character sets as I swap in and out different characters to try out different group makeups and this would save me alot of time.

Fixed for the next ISBoxer build, thanks

Return to General