FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist/Follow issue.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wyijx

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Assist/Follow issue.

http://pastebin.com/m5857a070

I have an issue with two of my characters not wanting to assist/follow the rest, when I play as the other three they will assist and follow them, however if I play as either of the two, the others will not follow or assist them until I switch to a different character. I've been searching through the forums quite a bit and have seen this is an issue for beginners like myself.

I've already been through a lot of config, deleted the F11 bind to open bag 4 in my characters, I've tried changing the FTL Follow to Shift+F rather than Alt+F and, I have tried to edit the FTL modifier itself, there is a link at the top of my post with my configuration, any and all help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack/wyijx

EDIT: My character set is Azral,

They WILL follow : Azryl, Azrol, and Azral
They WILL NOT follow: Azrayl or Azrel

Also the two that will NOT follow will not invite eachother but will invite the others when I use FTL Invite.
ex. If I switch to Azrayl and hit Alt+Shift+I Azrayl will invite Azryl, Azrol and Azral, but not Azrel.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Assist/Follow issue.

The F11 bind to open bag 4 does not conflict with follow (it will simply be overridden).

What would conflict is any WoW Key Binding on:
* Shift+F11 (preventing a character with this binding from following whoever is in slot 1 or 2)
* Ctrl+F11 (preventing a character with this binding from following whoever is in slot 3)
* Alt+F11 (preventing a character with this binding from following whoever is in slot 4)
* Ctrl+Shift+F11 (preventing a character with this binding from following whoever is in slot 5)

I don't know which characters are in which slot in your config since they're censored by the privatize option, but hopefully the above information helps you. These would be non-default WoW Key Bindings, and would probably be removed by resetting WoW Key Bindings to default if you can't figure it out.
<<

wyijx

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 pm

I have tried many times to return the WoW bindings to default and I do not have anything personally set up as any of those binds.

Slot 1 - Azrol
Slot 2 - Azryl
Slot 3 - Azrel
Slot 4 - Azrayl
Slot 5 - Azral

I've also noticed that when I use the FTL Follow on Azrayl for example, they will all attempt to follow Azrel, if I switch to Azrel, they will automatically switch to following Azrayl.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:25 pm

I've also noticed that when I use the FTL Follow on Azrayl for example, they will all attempt to follow Azrel, if I switch to Azrel, they will automatically switch to following Azrayl.

This can only happen if you're logging into them in a window (Slot) that was intended for another character, or if you are making changes to the WoW Macros via ISBoxer (by changing FTL modifiers, or the FTL Follow Me key) and Exporting without doing a /reloadui to update the game's copy of the macros (or logging in again).
<<

wyijx

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:42 pm

So in other words I managed to flop slot 3 and 4? I can switch that, I deeply appreciate your immediate attention and all your helpfulness.

I am extremely good with Graphic design and if you'd like any kind of graphic designed for the website I'd be willing to help you out.

Thanks again, Lax

~Jack/wyijx
<<

KingOfColly

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 am

Unfortunately I am also having this issue with a team of 5 rogues. I set them up using the wizard as follows: -
1. Kerwallop
2. Kerbang
3. Kerbloosh
4. Kersplat
5. Kerpow

Now when I switch to Kerbloosh they follow Kerpow and when i switch to Kerpow they follow Kerbloosh.

So i exit all wow clients and try swapping Kerbloosh to slot 5 and Kerpow to slot 3 (i have tried doing this before with a shaman team with success). Upon logging in again the same problem persists. It is definately related to FTL Follow Me (/follow {FTL}) as I get the same behaviour if I hit a key mapped to it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:55 am

KingOfColly wrote:Unfortunately I am also having this issue with a team of 5 rogues. I set them up using the wizard as follows: -
1. Kerwallop
2. Kerbang
3. Kerbloosh
4. Kersplat
5. Kerpow

Now when I switch to Kerbloosh they follow Kerpow and when i switch to Kerpow they follow Kerbloosh.

So i exit all wow clients and try swapping Kerbloosh to slot 5 and Kerpow to slot 3 (i have tried doing this before with a shaman team with success). Upon logging in again the same problem persists. It is definately related to FTL Follow Me (/follow {FTL}) as I get the same behaviour if I hit a key mapped to it.

Swapping the slots won't immediately solve the problem, because the account information is coupled to each Character in ISBoxer -- not the slot (this problem will follow those two Characters until corrected).

Make sure that each of your Characters in ISBoxer has the right account (battle.net) and sub-account (WoW account) information. Then as long as the config.wtf virtualization hasn't been removed, ISBoxer will make sure the saved info in config.wtf matches when you Export (it may pop up a box and say the config.wtf file has the wrong account information for that character, and ask to correct the issue). When you log into the game, WoW may pop up the account selection box -- this will happen any time the config.wtf does not have the full list of accounts on your battle.net account, such as the next time you add a WoW account to it. Make sure to pick the account that was shown in the drop-down at the login screen and you should be fine.
<<

KingOfColly

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:18 pm

lax wrote:
KingOfColly wrote:Unfortunately I am also having this issue with a team of 5 rogues. I set them up using the wizard as follows: -
1. Kerwallop
2. Kerbang
3. Kerbloosh
4. Kersplat
5. Kerpow

Swapping the slots won't immediately solve the problem, because the account information is coupled to each Character in ISBoxer -- not the slot (this problem will follow those two Characters until corrected).

Make sure that each of your Characters in ISBoxer has the right account (battle.net) and sub-account (WoW account) information. Then as long as the config.wtf virtualization hasn't been removed, ISBoxer will make sure the saved info in config.wtf matches when you Export (it may pop up a box and say the config.wtf file has the wrong account information for that character, and ask to correct the issue). When you log into the game, WoW may pop up the account selection box -- this will happen any time the config.wtf does not have the full list of accounts on your battle.net account, such as the next time you add a WoW account to it. Make sure to pick the account that was shown in the drop-down at the login screen and you should be fine.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I have got the little sods to work! I deleted all my WTF files and cleared my isboxer settings and started from scratch which did the trick. I did check the sub accounts beforehand like you said but they were all correct so not entirely sure what caused it.

Am i right in saying that when you login a new team for the first time you have to login the right sub-account in each slot? i.e. on pane 1 login the char i assigned to pane 1, then switch to pane 2 and login the char i assigned to pane 2 etc ... this does get confusing after you have switched windows a couple of times and you forget which is which :)

Hope my ramblings make sense :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Yes, which is what I was saying when i said
When you log into the game, WoW may pop up the account selection box -- this will happen any time the config.wtf does not have the full list of accounts on your battle.net account, such as the next time you add a WoW account to it. Make sure to pick the account that was shown in the drop-down at the login screen and you should be fine.

The right sub-account should already be selected in the drop-down box just from ISBoxer setting it, assuming you have config.wtf virtualized (it is by default if you used the quick setup wizard), but WoW might pop up the selection box. If you dont know which one is the right one, cancel and see which one is selected in the drop-down, then log back in and select it in the popup.

Return to General