FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crashing and freezing, can I download a previous build?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alanwj

Post Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:16 am

Crashing and freezing, can I download a previous build?

While playing Everquest with a character set with 6 characters (although this has also happened with 2), the active window has started hard freezing with no response to input. This has been happening A LOT recently.

The timing for when it started vaguely lines up with the release of Inner Space version 1.19 Build 7217. It isn't exact enough to be a smoking gun. It is also possible that Everquest just has some bugs. However, I often play with two other people. One uses ISBoxer and is also experiencing crashes. The other does not use any boxing software and has never crashed.

Is there a way for me to download a previous build, for example 1.19 Build 7213, to test whether this issue happens in older Inner Space builds?

I am aware of the Inner Space Releases page, but it does not appear to have any download links. I am also aware of the Inner Space Build Archives, but it does not have any builds after 1.16.

Are there any other debugging suggestions anyone might have?
<<

alanwj

Post Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:40 am

Re: Crashing and freezing, can I download a previous build?

After posting I figured out how to use the patcher to revert to 1.19 Build 7111. (For anybody else trying this, use the History tab in the Patcher.)

Whereas I was experiencing freezes every 30 minutes or less, now I don't appear to be experiencing them at all. I have only put in a few hours since reverting, but this makes me suspicious of Build 7217.
<<

alanwj

Post Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:48 pm

Re: Crashing and freezing, can I download a previous build?

After ~6 hours with Build 7111, I have seen no freezes. With Build 7217 I would see freezes at least every half hour, often more.

For me, this is pretty conclusive that Build 7217 has freeze issues. Is there a more appropriate place to submit a bug report, and is there any debug information I could provide?

Return to General