FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

innerspace not appearing in tray

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hology420

Post Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:11 pm

innerspace not appearing in tray

it's launching and running because I can export settings, but I can't add a game with no tray icon. any ideas?
<<

hology420

Post Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:46 am

Re: innerspace not appearing in tray

Still trying to get this resolved. Sometimes innerspace will run in the tray, most often it won't. Force quitting from task manager and trying to launch again rarely works. Sometimes (also rarely) it will appear in the tray after a few minutes.
Another weird thing about this....when it does fully launch, sometimes I can log into and play my team, but often Innerspace will launch the client(s), and instead of just opening the launcher, it tries to download launcher files, gets stuck at 5%, and quits at a bnet fail screen.

EDIT: No longer able to even get the full battle.net launcher to open now, unless I run it outside of inner space
Last edited by hology420 on Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:04 pm

This kind of trouble is usually associated with some other software interfering. Most commonly it is some sort of security suite/antivirus.

You could also grab a compatibility diagnostic if you like. https://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

hology420

Post Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:51 pm

Help is always appreciated and you guys are always great about it, I really hate being a pain in the ass, lol
Same issue but seems to be worse now D:
Today I even went and got a brand new router.
All firewalls/antivirus are turned off.
Diagnostic doesn't seem to find anything wrong, seems to acknowledge everything is running, lol.
"Inner Space Uplink (main program)" is sitting in task manager, using zero resources or network traffic, but no icon in system tray. Sometimes it shows up in tray after awhile. Most often not.
When it does actually open, and I try to open the configuration .. the window becomes unresponsive for a minute or so before I can make any changes etc.

Even disconnected from my wifi and used my iphone as a hot spot...completely isolated from my LAN, using the PC that has been running ISBoxer just fine for years, as well as the brand new windows install PC. Same symptoms/issue for both ... clean install of innerspace/isboxer on both, several times.

I can run blizzard's launcher (instantly) on its own, all the way into the game. When innerspace tries to run the same bnet/d2r launcher, it hangs while trying to get "new files" from Bnet. This always results in the following error: "We're having trouble launching the Battle.net Update agent. Please wait one minute and try again etc etc"

I remember reading somewhere that there was a limit to how many PC's can be covered under one license. Is it possible I screwed that up? I only use two, but they have been rotated out a bit through the years...
<<

hology420

Post Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:13 am

https://pastebin.com/LtMa4xVX

Completely out of ideas.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:11 pm

Chances are it is an issue with a USB device (and might be something like some RGB/controller on an internal header).

There are a couple of options.
1. update to the latest dev build (use the command below), and if that gives you access to the icon, you might then need to disable the "New Virtual Input" option if you get the icon but continue to experience other input issues.
After terminating Inner Space, you can paste this into your Run window (Windows+R) -- include all the quotes.
Code:
"%programdata%\Lavish Software\utils\lavishbuild" install innerspace development "1.19 build 7221"

2. revert to an earlier release use the below install command (when the patcher pops up, ignore the update)
After terminating Inner Space, you can paste this into your Run window (Windows+R) -- include all the quotes.
Code:
"%programdata%\Lavish Software\utils\lavishbuild" install innerspace live "1.19 build 7111"

Return to General