FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New update broke game

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SweetyD

Post Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:14 am

New update broke game

I play EQ1 and EQ2. The new update broke soooo many things. I rolled back to old InnerSpace version and it fixed everything instantly.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:48 am

Re: New update broke game

Hello!

The current development build, 7208, resolves many of the issues that have been reported thus far, including those specifically reported in EQ1 and EQ2. This build is available via the Development tab of the Patcher window.

I do appreciate that you've found the workaround in the meantime while we fix any remaining issues, which is of course to simply use the version that was working for you previously. However, you've not reported any specifics and therefore I have no action to take as a result of this post.
<<

SweetyD

Post Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:15 pm

lax wrote:Hello!

The current development build, 7208, resolves many of the issues that have been reported thus far, including those specifically reported in EQ1 and EQ2. This build is available via the Development tab of the Patcher window.

I do appreciate that you've found the workaround in the meantime while we fix any remaining issues, which is of course to simply use the version that was working for you previously. However, you've not reported any specifics and therefore I have no action to take as a result of this post.

Thank you! And sorry for not reporting the details. Here are things I can remember off the top of my head.

1. The biggest problem was the ability to "look around" with my mouse. Meaning it felt like the camera was lagging behind the mouse movement. It was so much that it was unplayable.

2. Some of the in game default hotkeys stopped working. Not custom hot keys. Just normal hot keys. For example, by default if you press Control-O, the options window opens in EQ2. This stopped working. There were many more like this.

3. Some items you can double click to activate, this is default, but it stopped working.

4. For me 6 game instances should open when I run ISBoxer, but only 3 would open.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:20 pm

Thank you, and indeed much of this should be resolved with development build 7208. Please feel free to give it a try and report back.

To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, click the Development tab, click "Check for Updates" if needed (make sure it shows at least 7208 under Current Development Version) and then "Install Now" to actually install it.

Edit: I've pushed build 7208 live as of this edit, although it is still also the current development build. :)
<<

SweetyD

Post Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:40 pm

lax wrote:Thank you, and indeed much of this should be resolved with development build 7208. Please feel free to give it a try and report back.

To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, click the Development tab, click "Check for Updates" if needed (make sure it shows at least 7208 under Current Development Version) and then "Install Now" to actually install it.

Edit: I've pushed build 7208 live as of this edit, although it is still also the current development build. :)

Ok, thank you! I will try it later today.
<<

jonnygymnic

Post Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:17 pm

I loaded the 7208 update, and still have issue on one characters window of alt key remaining stuck. reverted to 7111 and its fixed now.
<<

billster

Post Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:14 pm

Hi, I am having this same problem.
I ended up breaking InnerSpace trying to run Eq in Compatibility mode and it would not load the console anymore, so I re-installed and now I cannot load an older versions (7111).

The dev patch did help a bit but the responsiveness is still slow, and requires an extra click (focus) on each window before I can do any actions. It's quite annoying.

Is it possible for me to downgrade innerspace to 7111 if I dont have it in my history list?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for hijacking the thread
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:01 am

"This same problem" has been addressed, I do advise that you post the symptoms you're experiencing along with your build number.

At this point we're at version 7213 as the live build and 7217 as the development build. Yes it is possible for you to downgrade to 7111, but there is no reason you should need to do that today. You should not need to do anything other than either install the current development build, or disable "New Virtual Input" via the Configuration window.

Return to General