FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trying to get started but catching hell. Please help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

entity09

Post Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:22 am

Trying to get started but catching hell. Please help

I have followed the quick start guide trying to get Anarchy online working for some basic window swapping /assist and /follow. I am getting 2 problems I cant seem to find a solution to in my googling.

#1 I get and error when lauching isboxer(adding the gif to this post) but isboxer opens fine after closing it.
#2 Anarchy online loads to char selction perfectly then crashes while trying to load in every time.
-I have tried going back thu the guide and checking my steps.
-I tried changing window layouts and resolution settings. ( the guide provides very little info on this)

I am at a loss as what to try next.
Attachments
ISBOXER.GIF
ISBOXER.GIF (36.57 KiB) Viewed 3550 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:40 am

Re: Trying to get started but catching hell. Please help

1. Send me the file C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InputDevices.XML. You can email it to lax@lavishsoft.com or attach it to a reply right here, the information contained is just a list of your input devices detected by Inner Space. Sending me this file will allow me to determine which device is causing this error for you, and prevent this behavior in the future. Side note, this error will no longer be relevant with Inner Space's new virtual input, mentioned below. (It no longer stores in XML format, and uses improved methods of identifying input devices.)

2. Delete the file C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InputDevices.XML. It will get re-created automatically without the error in it.

3. The error you're getting could potentially already be resolved. Try the development build of Inner Space:
3a. right click IS
3b. select Patcher
3c. click the Development tab
3d. and click "Install Now" to install it.

4. The development build also includes an option to use a new virtual input beta, which also affects compatibility and may resolve the crash. With the development build of Inner Space, you can alter this setting by:
4a. Right click IS
4b. select Configuration
4c. Tick the "Use New Virtual Input Beta (work in progress)" box, in the bottom left of the Configuration window (you do not need to click a tab, it is in the General tab which is selected by default when opening the window. If the option is not there, see step 3)
4d. Click "Apply" in the bottom right corner of the Configuration window -- THE APPLY BUTTON MAY BE HIDDEN BEHIND ANOTHER WINDOW (such as the Agents window), move the window if needed.

Finally, if you still experience the game crash after enabling the development build and new virtual input beta, there should be a .dmp file available which provides details on the crash; finding and providing this file to me will let me analyze it and possibly fix it for you. If a Lavish crash window comes up, then the file would be found in your Inner Space folder and called something like AnarchyOnline.exe.dmp (whatever the name of the client exe is, with .dmp on the end). If a Lavish crash window does NOT come up, then the file is most likely to be found in %LocalAppData%\CrashDumps -- you can press Windows+R, and paste that in the Run box, or paste it into File Explorer's path box, and it will open up the proper location for you; in this folder, the file would be called something like AnarchyOnline.exe.1234.dmp (again the name of the client, and the number will seem random, it just refers to the Process ID that crashed).

I guess one last thing, we do have an #anarchy_online channel on ISBoxer Discord, I won't say it's particularly active, but you can find AO-specific information there that may be relevant to you.
Last edited by bob on Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: errant html code
<<

entity09

Post Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:54 am

I have emailed the file as requested.

The error persists in the dev build.
This computer is one of 2 i use in my office and it is on a KVM switch that lets me toggle which pc im using. I push a button and monitor, mouse, keybard and sound will swap to the othe pc.
As a troubleshooting step I disconected the laptop from all the other stuff and tried to run ISBoxer directly using only the built in keyboard and touchpad. I still got the eror.

I will go look into the discord as you sugested.

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by entity09 on Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

entity09

Post Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:02 pm

Forget about the AO crashing part I completely missed on the compatability listing that AO is listed as "new engine only" I will have to update this pc to that new version.

Most likely that is the cause of the issue with the crashing. I run the work pc on the old client to keep its network footprint light (big downloads catch eyes)
I will try it on my home pc and hopefully it is resolved. It is possible that the other error may not manifest there either.

Thanks for your time!
<<

entity09

Post Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:14 pm

Ok I did some testing at home, everything works great on my desktop.

I'll do clean reinstalls of AO and boxer and give it a try on the ole laptop. Hopefully that will clear that stupid input issue there.

This is some great software. Its insanely detailed and I will likely have to study and tinker for some time to get the hang of it.

Thanks for the help!

Return to General