FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Virtual file problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mindfly

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 am

Virtual file problem

Hi.

I've been having problems getting my settings to be saved when I switch chars, finally figuring out that Grid saves one file per account and setting changes apply to all chars on the account. So I made those grid.lua files virtual files but for some reason it seems to be loading my virtual file, but when it saves changes it saves them to the standard grid.lua

Im guessing I need to copy that file manually every time I make a change or have I done something wrong in settings?

Brings me to another question, should I have one copy of wow installed per account or is it ok running same one, and if I should have several, how is that done?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Re: Virtual file problem

I recommend using the same folder for all of your accounts. This should result in the best performance.

I'm not sure how you set up your virtual files, so it's hard to say if you did something wrong :) Show your config (use the privatize option if you want) and maybe I can see what's going on
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Virtual file problem

mindfly came to the ISBoxer Chat Room and got helped.

For the next guy, here's some basic info. When making a Virtual File, you should only put the filename in, not including any folders. The file will be virtualized on demand, with new files stored in the same folder as the original file.

Return to General