FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Inner Space Sticky Popupmenu

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hpavc

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Inner Space Sticky Popupmenu

Often I right click the Innerspace traybar icon to launch specific toons to rare sets.

After I select the character or the set, the popup stays there ... belligerent ... sometimes clicking other items (console) makes it go away, often not, changing window focus doesn't really help, I can click under it and left click the icon a few times and that is often a fix.

There is nothing kinky with my innerspace profile or the files that it uses, they aren't on a remote drive or symlinks.
There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with innerspace runtime, i can play for hours like this.

I notice that other applications include a 'close' option, perhaps if other people hit this issue one could be included.

Thanks
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Inner Space Sticky Popupmenu

I've experienced this for years, and I don't have a clear fix except to just bring up the console or some other option which opens the Inner Space window, and then close down the window. /shrug
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 pm

I think it is a problem with the Windows API. It's not just Inner Space which exhibits this behaviour.
Most of the code around that deals with the Notification popups was directly out of the sample code provided by Microsoft, which had idiosyncrasies.

There were some changes with Win7 that might help alleviate it if used. It might impact upon backwards compatibility, which may or may not be desired, depending on the customer base (although any users still on XP, might just have to man up and update).
<<

hpavc

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:16 am

Yeah, some other apps do this from time over the years, I rarely use those apps as much as innerspace though.

Thanks

Return to General