FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I need help Setting up 2 different games

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TeraTyrant1234

Post Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 pm

I need help Setting up 2 different games

Hello, I am a newbie and learning how to use ISBoxer.

My trouble is that I don't know how to set it up and use and as well as play 2 different games at the same time. In this case World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV: Heavenward (Previous expansion and available on the list FFXIV ARR). Right now I have no clue whatsoever to setup two different games. However I check online and everywhere to help me out, unfortunately they only show steps, but I don't understand them as it doesn't tell me how to make these separate windows and I am having trouble setting up my FFXIV on ISBoxer. If anyone can please teach me, that be greatful and I am thanking to those who are able to help me in advance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:20 am

Re: I need help Setting up 2 different games

If your games are not already detected, you can use the Add Game function so Inner Space has a record of the game.
Then during the Quick Setup Wizard, when you create or select the characters for your "team", make sure that you select the correct game in the combo box which says "Configure Game Based On", and then the applicable Inner Space game/game profiles in those drop downs.

That should be it.

Depending on your desired Window Layout, you may need to edit whichever one you create during the Quick Setup Wizard. You can do this by going to Window Layouts -> name of your Window Layout in the top left of ISboxer, then in the lower right, you can select Regions, and then in the lower right, you can adjust any settings necessary for you desired configuration.

Overall it is not that tricky to configure this part of it. The problem will come in that, you probably don't want to use any broadcasting features, and the use of mapped keys will be reasonably limited, as you don't want keystrokes to be going to both games, nor are any keystrokes going to be based on something that occurs in the other game. So for the most part, when creating any mapped keys, you probably will want to only have them direct to a specific game (slot) at a time.
<<

TeraTyrant1234

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:44 am

So why only my WoW characters gets to be displayed automatically and not my FFXIV character where I have manually typed them in, and to no avail the separate windows hasn't appeared on my screen like one large screen with smaller screens with it?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:37 am

1. Because ISBoxer only automatically detects character information for some games. FFXIV character information may not be stored locally (on your computer) in th egame configuration files, or perhaps it does, and there is no code in ISBoxer to read it. I know it can be onerous to type in the character names sometimes, but you only have to do it once, ISBoxer can read it's own configuration so if you happen to run through the Wizard again on your profile (and you have not cleared it), then it will be able to auto populate the character name details.

2. This might depend on a few factors, but the most common reason is that you have not launched your team correctly by using 1 of the 3 proscribed methods in the Quick Setup Guide.
  1. Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and, in the ISBoxer Character Sets sub-menu, select your Character Set
  2. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Launch
  3. To create a shortcut on your desktop to launch your team: In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Create desktop Launch shortcut
The preferred method is no.1 as this prevents a few other issues from creeping into the process.
If you are using method 2 or 3, then try no.1. If you are already doing no.1, then it is likely not launching your other game because the first game launcher that is loading, is not exiting after it had loaded your game. Inner Space will be waiting for the launcher process to exit/close down, before loading the second instance/game. This is standard behaviour.
<<

TeraTyrant1234

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:14 am

Ok I tried it today the second solution allowed me to launch it, however FFXIV fail to launch. Can you explain why?

Edit: I have tried every solution possible and none of it worked and the problem keeps popping back up, I found the .exe location in the Boot folder. Now I checked on Reddit and everywhere else they either said its a bug or have done it wrong but have no solution whatsoever.

2nd Edit: Its working but FFXIV Crashed, any ideas?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:06 pm

TeraTyrant1234 wrote:2nd Edit: Its working but FFXIV Crashed, any ideas?

Crashing where, when, and how? What does the crash report say? Also, are you running the DirectX9 version of FFXIV? Inner Space doesn't work with the DX11 version of the game.
<<

TeraTyrant1234

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Thank you very much for that information. It really helped me :3

Return to General