FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interact with Target problems with ranged

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rok

Post Tue May 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Interact with Target problems with ranged

I'm having a problem with mixed groups (healer, melee & ranged DPS) and Interact with Target.

On the one hand, I want everyone to responed to Interact with Target when the target is a friendly quest giver; and on the other hand, I want only melee DPS to respond to Interact with Target when the target is hostile (I don't want the healer and ranged DPS to walk all the way to melee range from the boss or mob).

How do I accomplish this?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue May 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: Interact with Target problems with ranged

If you need two different types of Interact with Target Mapped Keys, then, in this case, you will need to create a copy of the existing one and modify it to your liking. As for telling specific groups of characters to do something, we use Action Target Groups for that.
<<

Rok

Post Wed May 25, 2016 3:45 am

Thank you very much, MiRai.

It seems that specifying who is ranged and who is melee in Action Target Groups, then going to:
ISBoxer -> Key Maps -> Non-combat -> Mapped Keys -> Interact with Target (Hotkey: G) -> Steps -> Actions [in the middle] -> [and setting] <Interact with Target> -> Melee

Sorts this issue out. Now only melee move to mobs or enemies, and everyone interacts with quest givers.

One thing that looks curious to me is why the Action Target Groups include only some of the classes, but not others? For example, Warrior is included, but not Paladin; Warlock is included, but not Mage, and so on.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 25, 2016 3:51 am

You can create any action target groups you like (right click the Action Target Group node). If you already have some, then you have either tried to configure the advanced settings and/or a Pro Config setup, which will have defaulted a few Action Target Groups initially, or, you have loaded someone else's configuration which has those pre-existing action target groups.
<<

Rok

Post Wed May 25, 2016 4:04 am

bob wrote:You can create any action target groups you like (right click the Action Target Group node). If you already have some, then you have either tried to configure the advanced settings and/or a Pro Config setup, which will have defaulted a few Action Target Groups initially, or, you have loaded someone else's configuration which has those pre-existing action target groups.

Oh, I see now. Regardless to how those classes made it to the Action Target Groups, I understand now that they're customizable and I can add more; that's what matters. Thank you!

Return to General