FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

InnerSpace troubles with SonicSuite installed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MultiBear

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:17 pm

InnerSpace troubles with SonicSuite installed

I recently built a new PC running Windows 10 with an ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger mainboard, for which the ASUS website has Realtek Audio Drivers available that contain some software name SonicSuite. This software seems to interfere with InnerSpace, most likely because it has a feature to draw upon game windows to indicate from which direction sound is coming.

While InnerSpace would launch, right-clicking the system tray icon and selecting Console, Patcher or Configuration would only show a blank window, and would even crash InnerSpace in case of the patcher. After some troubleshooting, I found the aforementioned SonicSuite software to be the culprit. I removed it from my system (while keeping the audio drivers), as simply having it installed is enough to cause trouble, as it will hook into what it perceives to be game windows anyway in case you want to enable its features.

So, the problem is fixed and I can happily start using this second PC for boxing as well. I just thought I'd post this here, just in case it might help someone else who (perhaps unknowingly) has the SonicSuite software installed and runs into the aforementioned troubles with InnerSpace.

TL;DR: InnerSpace goood. ISBoxer goood. SonicSuite baaad. ;)

Happy boxing!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: InnerSpace troubles with SonicSuite installed

I shall add it to the list of known overlay programs that cause issues :).

Thx.

Return to General