FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Export to inner space takes up to 2 minutes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ThaSpike

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:08 am

Export to inner space takes up to 2 minutes

Hey Guys,

Really annoying problem, the first few times I export it's how it's supposed to be, takes at the most a few second, but after only the first few exports the time increases very quickly to 1 sometimes 2 minutes. Ain't got a clue what's causing it. Who has the solution?

sPˊ!ˋKe
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:17 am

Re: Export to inner space takes up to 2 minutes

What other processes are spiking at the same time? You will need to do some investigation to see what whether any other process is getting in the way. Process Monitor is good for this.

Without any trace logs, my first guess would be Antivirus. It could be seeing the write/rewrite to the Innerspace folder, which is presumably in C:\Program Files (x86)\Innerspace, and the heuristics are flagging it as suspicious, so this is being intercepted, and then slowing down the transfer.
Second guess would be Trojan/malware.
Third guess would be you've turned off UAC, so Windows is not giving ISBoxer the correct permissions it needs because you have not explicitly set Admin permissions on both it and Innerspace.
<<

ThaSpike

Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:02 pm

I off course did already do some investigating before I posted, but could not figure out what was causing this.

Only running Windows Defender as Antivirus, never had any problem with it before and have it running on my other PC, no export problems there.
I have UAC turned off (always turn it off, it;s so extremely annoying, one of the first things I do when I install Windows, likewise on this new build). Didn't know that disabling it had any other consequences then not getting the stupid interruptions. But to test the theory I uninstalled Inner Space and ISBoxer, turned on UAC and reinstalled them. Checked the permission, no admin permissions on either, enabled it by hand, on both. No change at all, still getting the delays.
Already had the Process Monitor running to see if I could detect any weird behavior, there is none, CPU maxes around 15% with WoW taking up most of that, nothing spikes or gets above the WoW clients during the long lasting exports.

sPˊ!ˋKe
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:44 pm

So what does Process Monitor say that ISBoxer is doing for the duration of the file write? And are any other processes also hooking into the files that ISBoxer is writing? What about Innerspace? Also are you using multiple computers?

Maybe a diagnostic would help.
<<

ThaSpike

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:47 am

I know this is already an old topic, but even after a complete reinstall of Windows, I still had this problem.

I started disabling programs that ran in the background one by one hoping I could find a culprit, and I did. As soon as I disable "ASUS ROG Game First III" the problem is gone and my syncs are almost immediately. "ASUS ROG Game First III" came with my motherboard (ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME) and I always had it running in the background, hoping it would help my ping/response time. Don't know if it really helps, and have it disabled for now.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Is ISBoxer the source of the problem or is it "ASUS ROG Game First III"?

sPˊ!ˋKe
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:56 am

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Is ISBoxer the source of the problem

You are indeed the only one reporting this issue. ISBoxer is probably not the source of the problem -- there is no reason within ISBoxer for your first export to take seconds and the second to take minutes. If anything, I might expect a second export within a certain amount of time to be faster than the first.

If you disable that program and it works fine, I say you've found your solution. Keep that thing closed. ;)

Return to General