FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Three questions...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 am

Three questions...

Or is it 5 questions? AHHHH!!!! (props to Monty Python :)

Hey all, I'm recently back, and boxing in EQ, and I have three questions, which I'm pretty sure are not specific to EQ, so I'm posting them here.

1 - I just set up VideoFX for the first time, and it was super easy to config, and works great, but I just have one issue with it. I'm setting up two areas that show the cast bar and two hotbars for each of my boxed alts, and these areas sit next to the mains cast bar and hot bars. The problem comes up when I open my bags, the map, or anything that sits in the same part of the screen. The windows I open are "underneath" the VideoFX windows, and I can't see or interact with them. Is there a way to work around this (using a key combo, perhaps)?

2 - The built-in ISB hotbar. When I hit "1", "2", or any of those keys, it's broadcasting it to all windows. I didn't set this up, it just came by default, using the wizard. I even turned off the ISB hotbar (using the shift-ctrl-alt-G menu, then clicking the X on the hotbar), but it still does it. It even does it if I hit one of those keys in a text box (buying a quantity from a vendor, setting up a macro in game, or typing text in chat). How do I turn this off, or change it to ctrl-alt-1 through ctrl-alt-0?

3 - I have a click-through area set up over two of my hotbars, for functions that are the same on all three screens. However, there are time I only want to click it for the screen I am on. Is there a way to either temporarily turn off the click thru, or a key combo that tells it "just click it in this window"?

Thanks,

Tat
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Three questions...

tatanka7th wrote:1 - I just set up VideoFX for the first time, and it was super easy to config, and works great, but I just have one issue with it. I'm setting up two areas that show the cast bar and two hotbars for each of my boxed alts, and these areas sit next to the mains cast bar and hot bars. The problem comes up when I open my bags, the map, or anything that sits in the same part of the screen. The windows I open are "underneath" the VideoFX windows, and I can't see or interact with them. Is there a way to work around this (using a key combo, perhaps)?

Create a toggle for it using a Video FX Action.

tatanka7th wrote:2 - The built-in ISB hotbar. When I hit "1", "2", or any of those keys, it's broadcasting it to all windows. I didn't set this up, it just came by default, using the wizard. I even turned off the ISB hotbar (using the shift-ctrl-alt-G menu, then clicking the X on the hotbar), but it still does it. It even does it if I hit one of those keys in a text box (buying a quantity from a vendor, setting up a macro in game, or typing text in chat). How do I turn this off, or change it to ctrl-alt-1 through ctrl-alt-0?

There was an option on the final step of the Quick Setup Wizard to not set up 1 through = as keys which get broadcast, and you can remove them entirely from your Character Set by clicking on your Character Set in the upper left, and then highlighting the Standard Menu in the bottom left and deleting it.

If you want to change the keys to something else, then you need to edit that Menu's Hotkey Set (located in the lower left pane after selecting the Menu in the upper left).

tatanka7th wrote:3 - I have a click-through area set up over two of my hotbars, for functions that are the same on all three screens. However, there are time I only want to click it for the screen I am on. Is there a way to either temporarily turn off the click thru, or a key combo that tells it "just click it in this window"?

I'll assume you're talking about a Repeater Region and you cannot disable the click through function of the overlay, but you can toggle them on and off using a Repeater Regions Action.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks for the great answers, MiRai! I'll work on implementing all of that tonight :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

I forgot to mention that if you are going to change the Hotkey Set for the Menu to Ctrl Alt 1, Ctrl Alt 2, etc... that those key combinations are kind of already in use by ISBoxer. They're set as the default keys to swap between your game clients and you should probably clear them out before throwing them into a Menu, so... Under each Slot of your Character Set (click on the numbers themselves) you'll see the key combination assigned in the lower right pane, and you can either just clear them out or set them to something else.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:59 am

Well, I had so-so luck last night, configuring this:

1,3 - I made a hot key with actions to turn off the VideoFX and repeater regions. The repeaters went away, but not the VideoFX! Still not sure what happened. Then I made a hot key to turn them back on, and I can't get the repeaters back on, because I don't know they names of the regions I set up! It wants the names of the regions, but I didn't choose anything specific when I created them (used default, I guess), so I don't know what name to give it. And I don't see the name listed when I go into ISB GUI edit mode.

2 - I found the area you mentioned, and changed the shortcuts to ctrl-alt-1 through ctrl-alt-=, and saved and exported, but it didn't seem to take, because typing "1" was still being broadcast to all three windows. Confusingly, right before i logged, I did type a "9" by accident, and it only seemed to be processed by that window, so I will take a look at this again tonight.

Tat
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 am

tatanka7th wrote:Well, I had so-so luck last night, configuring this:

1,3 - I made a hot key with actions to turn off the VideoFX and repeater regions. The repeaters went away, but not the VideoFX! Still not sure what happened. Then I made a hot key to turn them back on, and I can't get the repeaters back on, because I don't know they names of the regions I set up! It wants the names of the regions, but I didn't choose anything specific when I created them (used default, I guess), so I don't know what name to give it. And I don't see the name listed when I go into ISB GUI edit mode.

You can look in the in game ISBoxer GUI for the names of the regions. They wont have no name as you couldn't save them otherwise. SHIFT CTRL ALT G by default usually.

tatanka7th wrote:2 - I found the area you mentioned, and changed the shortcuts to ctrl-alt-1 through ctrl-alt-=, and saved and exported, but it didn't seem to take, because typing "1" was still being broadcast to all three windows. Confusingly, right before i logged, I did type a "9" by accident, and it only seemed to be processed by that window, so I will take a look at this again tonight.

MiRai was saying you probably want to remove the global hotkeys on the Character Set Slots if you are changing the Hotkey set to CTRL+ALT+#. It sounds like you may have changed it incorrectly though. BUT if you do not want a hot key set on a menu, then you can select the Menu in the top left pane (Menus -> Standard), and then the lower right, set the Hotkey set drop down to the Empty selection

hotkeyset.png
hotkeyset.png (9.3 KiB) Viewed 8685 times
Last edited by bob on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:21 am

bob wrote:
You can look in the in game ISBoxer GUI for the names of the regions. They wont have no name as you couldn't save them otherwise. SHIFT CTRL ALT G by default usually.

MiRai was saying you probably want to remove the global hotkeys on the Character Set Slots if you are changing the Hotkey set to CTRL+ALT+#. It sounds like you may have changed it incorrectly though. BUT if you do not want a hot key set on a menu, then you can select the Menu in the top left pane (Menus -> Standard), and then the lower right, set the Hotkey set drop down to the Empty selection

For the first one, that what I did, opened GUI using ctrl-alt-shift-G. I see boxes for the repeater regions, the window has a lable "all others", cause that's where the clicks go, but no name anywhere. Not in the main GUI window, not on the repeater region, nowhere. Where am I supposed to see the name? For VideoFX windows, when I click on them, another window pops up, with the name, and some config info, but I don't see a way to do this for repeaters. I guess if worst comes to worst, I will delete the ones I have, and make new ones, and write down the names :)

For the second, I don't know what happened. I found right where MiRai said to go to edit, but it's like it didn't stick. And I mis-stated what I set the hotkeys to. I made them ctrl-alt-F1 through ctrl-alt-F12, so no conflict with others used by ISB.

Tat
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:40 am

When you open the ingame gui and then click on one of the existing repeater regions (which should appear as the reddish coloured boxes) it should populate the name in the Name box along with the settings for that particular region.

Not that it matters actually. You should be loading the Repeater Region Set, which will be whatever you saved it as and you can find all of those under the Region Set heading, and it has a drop down. The default is Auto, so the repeater region will Automatically load when you start your character set.

regionset.png
regionset.png (10.51 KiB) Viewed 8685 times
<<

tatanka7th

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for the help. Finally got it all worked out last night.

You were right, even with no name supplied for the repeater regions, it's the "set" that it wanted, which is Auto, so that worked.

As far as the "turn off" key turning off the repeater regions, but not VideoFX, that was my issue. I was only hitting the key combo once, and that's what turned off the repeaters. Hitting it again turns off the VideoFX :)

The part that's weird is I have the key combo turn off VideoFX in the first step, then repeaters in the second step. But when I use the combo, it does the steps in the opposite order!

Tat

Return to General