FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Installing DirectX 9.0c with Kasperky Anti-Virus...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cmoidudu

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:55 am

Installing DirectX 9.0c with Kasperky Anti-Virus...

I ran into some trouble with Kasperky Anti-virus, not directly involving IsBoxer, but...

I changed HDs on my laptop (switched to SSDs) and re-installed everything from scrath, which is Win7-64, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, games, IsBoxer... I already had DirectX 11 installed from Win7 updates, but IsBoxer requires DirectX 9.0c... Which I couldn't install (installation failed).

I finally figured out that Kaspersky was preventing DirectX 9.0c from being installed. I turned it off and it worked.

Just wanted to mention.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:44 am

Re: Installing DirectX 9.0c with Kasperky Anti-Virus...

This is kinda nit-picky but DirectX 9.0c is generally already installed with Windows since Vista. Howerver, Windows does not include the periodic updates to DirectX which came out every few months after DirectX 9.0c; Inner Space and many other games and programs require these updates. Steam also usually installs them when you install a game through it, so that might be another alternative for someone with this issue ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience with Kaspersky; odd that it would affect installing that.

Return to General