FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW crashes at login screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Druanor

Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:32 am

WoW crashes at login screen

New user here! And having some setup problems. I worked my way through the windows setup and got that the way I want it, went through all the FTL and hotkeys setup, and finally just got to the point of logging in my characters and ran into a problem. Just wanted to tell you what a nice feature in ISBoxer 36 of creating an icon for startup, way to go Lax.

Anyways, I get both windows open on their appropriate monitors, without borders, and go to type in my password, I get like 3 characters into the password and the 2nd instance of Wow crashes out and an ISBoxer error screen pops up. I am sorry, I didn't read it, just glanced at it so I don't really know what it errored on. I have gone back through my ISBoxer setup looking for some stupid thing I did but can't seem to find anything out of place. The latest change I made was to remove the border around the the main screen instance.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Lax for a great product and these forums.

Win7 with 2 monitors running on 1 PC....2 Accounts
<<

MortSA

Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: WoW crashes at login screen

Have you checked that one of your keymaps doesn't have the same button press as your password? Otherwise as you typed it gets passed to the 2nd window, which might pass it back and well you get the idea.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:39 pm

ISBoxer pressing a button in another window won't trip any ISBoxer hotkeys, it goes straight to WoW. Of course, if he uses a Do Mapped Key Action between two Mapped Keys (one does the other), that would likely produce a crash.

About the border, on each of your WoW windows go into the video options and enable Maximize and Disable Resize. If the crash was caused by something you did to your mapped keys, then it would be something like I mentioned above. I'd need to see your configuration to say for sure, see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13 for how to show it
<<

Druanor

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:02 pm

MortSA and Lax thanks for your replies. I have to apologize for my lack of response, but I had to go out of town for a project on short notice <sigh>.

Anyways, I wanted to give you a little more info about this problem. I set up the account using the Wizard and then followed Ualaa's guide to set up some of the other options. The part that I least understood was setting up the "Melee IWT". So Lax? I suspect you were right in your diagnosis. That would be the section I would check first.

Here is my pastebin http://pastebin.com/RaDK2XTB

Thanks for all your help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:51 pm

The Mapped Key you have labelled IWT under General, does itself in Step 2. This will crash you any time you use any of Melee IWT, IWT, or Melee IWT Toggle, since all of those do the IWT Mapped Key -- and also every other time you press 1 with Key Maps on since Step 2 of DPS 1 does Melee IWT.

Step 2 of your IWT key should probably be using a Keystroke Action to send the keystroke for IWT. After making this change it should stop crashing ;)

Your "toggle" key should probably be using a Mapped Key State Action to enable/disable a Mapped Key (Melee IWT), instead of a Do Mapped Key Action to perform it.

Return to General