FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pain in the behind follow issue in WOW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

drunkenmaster

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:49 am

Pain in the behind follow issue in WOW

Okay, I had several groups set up that worked for any of the 5 team members fine, doing a fairly general basic macro creation with the wizard setup.

Added a few more basic keys and all was fine. On a new group of mages though, for no reason I can seem to work out only 2 characters (main and first slave) will automatically just work, I can flick to either at ANY point from any character and they will follow straight away and assist anyway I want.

THe 3-5 characters don't, I flick to them and follow doesn't work, alt-f doesn't work and strobe doesn't work. Even more weirdly is if I click on character 3, nothing will happen, if i click to character 4, then I can see all the slaves start following character 3. Often it happens then same when I move from character 4 to 3. Then lastly character 5 just does smeg all , no matter what I do it won't follow correctly.

I removed the mage setup in isboxer and reran the wizard, nothing, exact same outcome. If I change the FLT modifiers per character under character set I can change which character won't be followed at all, yet, I can't get all 5 working no matter what combination of the 6 modifiers I use seemingly.

I reset Jamba defaults, I reset keybinds in game and exited and re-entered the game and nothing.

Even oddly when I reset the jamba options and used the "push settings" option to copy them to all the slaves, it worked on all but that ultra problematic character 5. On all other groups I've made pushing jamba settings, switching to character 5 and having them follow hasn't been a problem.

http://pastebin.com/5EL0FP5d

copy of the isboxer profile.

I did add some round robin buttons in the dps column but the problems were there before and since so I don't think anything there screwed them up.

Really can't work out whats going on.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Pain in the behind follow issue in WOW

When you share your config, pretty please use the "Copy ISBoxer Toolkit Profile to Clipboard" from the File menu in ISBoxer. This provides privacy controls to censor your account information and, unlike opening the file in your web browser, keeps it valid XML. To paste your config into ISBoxer I have to manually go through and remove the - characters the browser puts in, and re-escape some < and >, kind of annoying when it's supposed to be a simple copy and paste ;)

Okay so follow not working. If you click to 4 and they start following 3, then it sounds like you have a couple characters in the wrong slot (they're in a specific order in ISBoxer, and that's how it knows who to assist or follow). The guy in 3 should be in 4. If you Export in ISBoxer and it complains about account names, then this is definitely contributing to the problem. Close out all of your WoWs and do an export, and make sure it doesn't complain about anything -- click Yes to tell it to fix the account names. I don't see a problem with follow in your configuration.

Also, if you're changing FTL modifiers or WoW Macros in ISBoxer while playing, you need to /reloadui in the game after Exporting. That's because the macros are set up by the ISBoxer Addon, and need to be updated. Unless you're using multiple PCs, you can leave the FTL modifiers default and they should work fine. I don't see a problem with the FTL modifiers in your configuration.

As far as Jamba not pushing, make sure that the communications channel is configured the same on all? I'm not particularly great with Jamba technical support though

So... long story short, your ISBoxer configuration looks just fine as far as what you're asking about. The problem is something I can't see by your config -- something with the game, the order of the characters in the windows (as I mentioned above with the fix, I think this is part of your problem), or Addons.

If you still have problems with follow after fixing the windows, then here's how to figure out whats going on:
1. Go to each window and hit Alt+F, and observe which characters do what (as you have)
2. What's happening is that for each window you press Alt+F in it's pressing that window's FTL modifiers, plus F11, in all the other windows. So from Slot 1 that's Shift+F11 and from Slot 5 that's Ctrl+Shift+F11
3. Whichever character will not follow, likely has a Key Binding in WoW on that, or similar, Key Binding. Ctrl+Shift+F11 could potentially be intercepted by a Ctrl+F11, Shift+F11, or Ctrl+Shift+F11 binding. If any of those exist, it will use that instead of falling to the F11 key binding used by follow. WoW does not have a key binding by default that conflicts with this -- yes, F11 by default is toggle bag 4, but ISBoxer overrides that just fine (otherwise follow wouldn't work at all on any character...)
4. You can go into the Key Bindings menu in the game, on the characters that wont do the following, and find something that's not used, bind it to Shift+F11 and then unbind it and it will tell you what, if anything, was bound to that key. Do that for each of the combinations that may be a problem
<<

drunkenmaster

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Sorry about the copy thing.

AS to the rest, its unclear, its not every time I click on character 4 they'll follow character 3, it won't do it at all if I go from main(with all following) to char 4. If I go to char 3, also nothing, if I go to char 3, press alt-f or turn on strobe and then move to 4, they'll start to move to 3.

From what I can tell, all the accounts are correct and the windows, actually, the windows might be in the wrong order, I'm not to sure on that.

I'll have to play around more, the thing that made me go wtf, was its working with 3 other groups with no issue, with from what I can see, an identical setup.

Its been ages since I've even played Wow and that doesn't help and previously multiboxing I was using macro's for everything which would only work with a specific alt as leader so I'm unfamiliar with the FTL setup and to be honest, exactly what the key combo's the program is passing to do auto follow/assist.

I'll post back if I need more help, but suspect it will be window order that will be the issue.

EDIT:- looks like it was wrong window order, thanks, I added a new extra RAF account, and replaced it with another but login screens got a little mixed up when I took one out of use.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 am

It's probably confused because a given character is in a given slot.
And if you check characters, it has a listing for the account which they're on.

Ideally, you'd have as many slots as characters, if you take a character out.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to General