FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Resolved] FTL Problems - can't send commands from 2 chars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Saate

Post Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 am

[Resolved] FTL Problems - can't send commands from 2 chars

Hey Folks,

Tried to catch you in IRC today but seems everyone was asleep :) I've been trying to get my head around the ISBoxer Toolkit for the last couple of days. So many different configurations in so many different spots! After some initial frustrations, confusions and starting from scratch on more than one occasion I've managed to get my team up and running.

It's a four-box Shaman team and I can log them all in fine, they FTL follow each other fine and it's happy days. When controlling the first two characters (Mussorgsky & Balakirev) all the dps keys work great and everyone assists and fights. From the other two characters (Porfiryevich & Antonovich) the DPS keys don't work at all, nothing happens except 'Invalid Target' messages and sometimes my action bars swap around. It's almost like the SHIFT or CONTROL key is being held down despite the fact any binding/etc is using this.

Pastebin of my config - it's the 'Shaman Redux' one
http://pastebin.com/nhbTJDZ9

Things I've tried to resolve this:

- Manually gone through keybindings on each character to remove any reference to CTRL, SHIFT, ALT and numeric keys.
- Checked my Jamba FTL settings to make sure I have identical FTL Modifiers configured in IS-Boxer config and Jamba.
- Tried swapping the modifiers used on the Antonovich and Porfiryevich to a number of different configurations.
- In case IS-Boxer thought Antonovich was loaded on the Porfiryevich client, and vice versa, I tested giving them each others modifiers.
- Deleted the keybinding files in my \WTF\Account\ directories to absolutely ensure no keybinding is messing things up
- Pleaded with the software to work in exchange for me being nice (this failed - Lax can ISBoxer have voice recognition plus some kind of artificial intelligence next update? :P)

I've got a feeling the solution will be something really basic that will be obvious to all of you. I hope so anyway! Any light you can shed on this to put me out of my misery would be gratefully appreciated!!

Saate
Last edited by Saate on Tue May 25, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 am

Re: FTL DPS Problems - can't send DPS commands from 2/4 chars

Problem #1 is that you checked the "Use FTL Modifiers" box for the FTL DPS Keys key map, which means that the FTL Modifiers (shift, control, etc) are going to be held while it is pressing the DPS key (1, 2, 3, etc). You've also got it checked on the General and Control key maps, which will break those. That looks like it's pretty much the only thing you changed from what the Quick Setup Wizard generated, so if all else fails I would just go File, Clear and run the wizard again.

Assuming you don't check that again, you can use whatever key combinations you want, including shift, ctrl, alt and numeric keys ;) The Jamba FTL settings dont matter because ISBoxer doesn't use Jamba FTL. If the Characters were logged in on the wrong slots, you would get a warning message when you File, Export.

Anyway, uncheck those boxes, re-export, and you should be good to go :)
<<

Saate

Post Mon May 24, 2010 9:05 am

Excellent, that did the trick so thanks very much! easy just as I suspected too >_<

I've had one other strange behavior, which is the mouse repeater (shift-alt-r) sometimes seems to stay on even after I've deactivated it. I'll all of a sudden notice that my toons are all wandering in different directions and then notice that they've all got a mouse cursor and are mimicking clicks/etc.

Is there some button or macro I'm inadvertently triggering that's doing this that you can see in the config?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 am

You created hotkeys in your Repeater Profile that separately toggle keyboard or mouse broadcasting, on all windows. These hotkeys do NOT affect the click bar buttons (the ones that say A->A,Z and A->A,A). So, if at any point you are hitting your Ctrl+Shift+K or Ctrl+Shift+M hotkeys, you're probably introducing such a problem without understanding why.

The A->A,A button -- Shift+Alt+R -- only sets key+mouse broadcasting from the CURRENT WINDOW. So if you hit that key, and switch windows, the window you switched to might have it off while the other window has it on. Enter your hotkey, now say you hit Ctrl+Shift+M in that new window. Mouse Repeat is *toggled* in each window -- window 1 toggles, window 2 toggles, and so on, so now one window has Key Repeat on (because it had Key Repeat on and Mouse Repeat on, and you toggled Mouse Repeat off), and all of the others have Mouse Repeat on (they had it off and you toggled it on). So say you go back to the window you turned it on the first time, and the A->A,A button is still green so you hit shift+alt+r or click it. Now that window has broadcasting off entirely -- neither keyboard nor mouse broadcasting. If you switch windows again, all of the other windows have Mouse Repeat on, and Key Repeat off, and the A->A,A button is grey.

Long story short, get rid of the hotkeys in your Repeater Profile and check out Ualaa's guide http://isboxer.com/index.php/features/9-wow-ualaa-isboxer-guide -- scroll down to Example A and it will show you how to split the Shift+Alt+R into separate keys for keyboard and mouse
<<

Saate

Post Tue May 25, 2010 1:11 am

All sorted, thanks again for the help and fast responses!

Return to General