FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dont find my failure 1 Char dont use FTL Assist me

Moderator: MiRai

<<

johanxxx

Post Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 am

Dont find my failure 1 Char dont use FTL Assist me

I have 5 Shammies in WoW and everything works great.
Normaly i always use the same Main but from time to time i switch the chars and so i recognize that one char (always the same (nr 5)) dont give the "FTL Assist me" command. If i use manually the hotkey for "Assist me" i see the other chars dont get the fous to the target and therefor they dont assist but why ?
In ISBoxer i have no different setups by the chars 1,2,3,4,5. (from Quick Setup)

I have now idea :?

thx fro help
Johann
Last edited by johanxxx on Fri May 21, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 am

Re: Dont find the my failure 1 Char dont use FTL Assist me

If nobody assists a specific character the issue is a WoW Key Binding (i.e. found in the in-game Key Bindings screen) on Backspace (by default) with that Slot's FTL modifiers. For Slot 5, by default that is Shift+Alt+Backspace. If you want you can reset your in-game key bindings and this typically solves the problem -- unless you changed either the FTL modifiers in your Character Set, or the FTL Assist Me mapped key, in which case I'd need to see your config to tell you the problem
<<

johanxxx

Post Fri May 21, 2010 6:32 am

Re: Dont find the my failure 1 Char dont use FTL Assist me

lax wrote:If nobody assists a specific character the issue is a WoW Key Binding (i.e. found in the in-game Key Bindings screen) on Backspace (by default) with that Slot's FTL modifiers. For Slot 5, by default that is Shift+Alt+Backspace. If you want you can reset your in-game key bindings and this typically solves the problem -- unless you changed either the FTL modifiers in your Character Set, or the FTL Assist Me mapped key, in which case I'd need to see your config to tell you the problem

hmhmh,
i have restored the key bindings in wow to default, still the same. btw i have no special keybinding in WoW for the different chars and i start the same wow 5 times on one pc.
The only thing i have changed in ISBoxer is the hotkey for the FTL Assist me to ALT-Q but this works for all other 4 chars very well.
I have ensured that in WoW ALT-Q is not used in key bindings.

Do you have another idea ?

thx
Johann
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:10 am

Re: Dont find my failure 1 Char dont use FTL Assist me

As I said you can show me your config and that would help (see the global sticky that says how to show your configuration for better support).

One of the problems with what you're telling me is that when people tell me they change the hotkey, they also went and changed the Key Combination that gets sent. If you changed the Key Combination -- and not JUST the Hotkey -- then this is why it's not working for you.

And I misspoke earlier, the default for slot 5 is shift+ctrl not shift+alt ;)
<<

johanxxx

Post Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 am

lax wrote:As I said you can show me your config and that would help (see the global sticky that says how to show your configuration for better support).

One of the problems with what you're telling me is that when people tell me they change the hotkey, they also went and changed the Key Combination that gets sent. If you changed the Key Combination -- and not JUST the Hotkey -- then this is why it's not working for you.

And I misspoke earlier, the default for slot 5 is shift+ctrl not shift+alt ;)

Hello again,

here is my config http://pastebin.com/mwb3dReN
hope it helps to find my failure

Johann
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 21, 2010 8:46 am

Good news, your FTL Assist Me and FTL Modifiers are default. Your config shows that the problem is in WoW, not in ISBoxer.

If you switch to slot 5 and the others don't assist him but your guys assist all other slots, there MUST be some key binding in WoW using Ctrl+Shift+Backspace in the windows that will not assist that character (the FTL Modifiers for the Slot, plus the Key Combination configured for FTL Assist Me). You reset the key bindings to default (on all windows?), so that really shouldn't be a problem. Try disabling WoW Addons except for the ISBoxer Addon?

This works on all slots out of the box on a clean WoW, so as a last resort what you can do is reset the key bindings on all, disable all WoW Addons on all except for the ISBoxer Addon, and go back and clear your ISBoxer config and run the Quick Setup Wizard again. After observing it work on all slots, then you can turn other Addons back on and make other changes and if something interferes again, at least you should have an idea of what the problem might be.
<<

johanxxx

Post Fri May 21, 2010 8:51 am

I dont found the root cause but the failure is gone :P
I deleted again all key bindings in WoW and restart WoW completly and now it works.
i quess that some things in wow was wrong but nothing to see (esp. in the key bindings.)

however
thx a lot

Greetings
Johann

( maybe post can be deleted )

Return to General