FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

wow addons won't load

Moderator: MiRai

<<

isboxerstuff

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:34 am

wow addons won't load

Hello,

I am new at this. I run is boxer on a pc with window 7 and play World of Warcraft cataclysm.

I made a 2 hunter team to fool around and so far I love isboxer. My problem is it won't see the addons I usually use while playing wow.

I have several but none show up in the addon page except for isboxer and mapster.

How can I get my addons to load for my team. Examples are bagnon, ovale, quartz etc

Thank you
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: wow addons won't load

There is no secret or special way to get your addons to show, WoW runs exactly like it does normally with or w/o ISBoxer. Whatever
add-ons are located in your Interface/Addons folder are the add-ons you'll be able to use. If you have multiple WoW installs you may
think you're running from your main folder which is loaded with add-ons, but perhaps you are not.
<<

isboxerstuff

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 pm

I only have one wow installed but the addons don't show. If I log without isboxer I can see the addons for my 2 hunters. When I load them with isboxer no addons are there except isboxer and mapster addons. It puzzles me that it sees mapster and not jamba, bagnon and my other addons but I can't find a solution anywhere.

I tried reinstalling isboxer but there is no difference. I follow the wizard instructions for the installation which installs in c:/program files/..(86 something) Should I tell it to install in my wow directory instead of letting install the default place? If it would work which wow directory should I use? ...../interface/addons or something else?

I have been trying to find a solution for that for days now. I am administrator for win 7, thought it could be that but no.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 pm

There are two locations your Addons might be in if WoW is installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86). They could be under C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons, or they could be in the Virtual Store which would be something like C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons

When WoW is installed to one of the Program Files folders, and you are NOT running WoW as Administrator, the Virtual Store will be used. When you run WoW through Inner Space/ISBoxer, it is running as Administrator, and the Virtual Store will NOT be used.

The place you installed ISBoxer and Inner Space to is irrelevant to this issue. Hope this helps :)
<<

isboxerstuff

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:42 am

Thank you much! Reading your posts I wanted to write exactly the path my wow is in and (duh!) indeed I have an extra version of wow in
C:/program files(86)/World of warcraft/interface/addons and THAT's where isboxer and mapster are lol.

I don't know how it got there. Now this is not an isboxer problem but could someone tell me if it would be safe to erase that version of wow (in program files) and keep my other wow which I probably use normally because that one because all my addons are in there. I would then reinstall isboxer.

The wow I would like to erase is in :
C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft

The one I would keep and probably normally use since it has all my addons is in:
C:/<user>/Public/Games/World of Warcraft
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 am

You don't need to erase it if you don't want to. You just need to tell ISBoxer the right one to use.

Instructions: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Multiple_game_folders

Enjoy :)
<<

isboxerstuff

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Thank you very very much. All is good now! <kissing your feet>

Return to General