FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse Broadcasting suddenly out of sync

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Agent0013

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Mouse Broadcasting suddenly out of sync

After a computer restart today my mouse broadcasting has suddenly gone out of sync for no apparent reason. The main character turns at one rate while the four slaves turn at a different rate, but those four match up. Weirder still, if you rotate back to your start point, the slaves are not back to their original position, somehow losing a few degrees somewhere.

No settings have been changed in ISB, WoW, or the computer. No hardware, including monitors, has been changed. Resolutions between game instances is and has always been the same. The problem exists in all character sets I've loaded since first noticing.

Any insight to what might be causing this would be appreciated. I typically use this to move characters through the same space while they are in different phases, such as when each character is in their own garrison.

Configuration: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DKe ... sp=sharing
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Re: Mouse Broadcasting suddenly out of sync

There is never any guarantee that broadcasting movement such as mouse turning will be sync'd between each game client. If it worked for you before, you was really lucky.

InnerSpace can send the same movement, and length of the mouse movement to each client, but depending on processing going on your computer, the individual ping time of each client to the server, and just general internet lag, the results may be different. Nothing we can do about that.

The most likely factor will be FPS allocated to foreground and background clients, which appears to be 60/20 for most character sets. In order to have even broadcast movement, these should really be the same number on both sides, like 60/60 or 30/30 etc.

The next factor will be CPU cores. You have a lot of character set slots which are allocated limited cores, so if a particular core is busy, then that game will lag. Some sets/slots have 16 cores assigned to a slot, some sets have 2 cores assigned. In order to make sure that no game is impacted by anything else running on the cores, then it should really be all cores are available for each slot.

Also, the in game processing of each game, e.g. the graphics settings, should be the same across all clients, and nothing that will end up bogging the GPU in either processing or VRAM.

Also, any other applications that might require periodical heavy processing should not be running, and any intrusive antivirus/spyware should not be active.

You should also be on a Wired connection to the internet.

You should also make sure nothing ever automatically updates on your computer, because it might change something.

And that would be about the limit of what you can control. Everything else is all internet routing and server based, and you can't do much about that. Also living really close to the servers so you have a < 30ms ping would probably work.
<<

Agent0013

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 pm

Sounds like some of my settings have gotten a little messy over the years. lol. But, they have worked up to this point.

I do understand that the likelyhood of it matching 100% exactly are very slim. I've been using ISB for years through multiple computer builds and varying internet connections, one of which was horrible. It has never been 100% accurate, but we're talking a previous margin of error of 1-2%. You had to move a ways before it was going to cause major errors.

Today's test was done in a building, so very little GPU strain. Latency has been normal. The computer isn't doing anything extra to what it normally does. Yet, when the camera is turned 360 degrees on the master, there is about a 25%, or 90 degrees, difference on the slaves.

It should be noted that the slaves remain consistent to each other. Somehow a disconnect between the slaves and the master is occurring, but it is consistent to all of the slaves.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:56 pm

It is possible it is something else, like Windows game mode, or even the System performance setting for Adjust for best performance of Programs/Background Services. The recent slew of updates for the CPU bugs, or some other driver update. All very hard to tell.

The fact that the slaves are consistent with each other, and the main is "ahead", would point me to the FPS difference for foreground/background as being the first thing to try. This one comes up with other games where it is important that they are the same to get the same broadcast movement (like D3 for example).

I know you said it worked before. The question that is always going to come up when you say that is: What changed?; And that question is hard to answer these days, with all this auto updating software; and who knows what changed server side or out there in the big wide world. Hell some people have had weird performance issues on odd clients, and then they've rebooted their home router and it's all been good again, despite it being something that seemed specific to a particular account.
<<

Agent0013

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:42 am

I've been fiddling with things since your last message. First I tried matching the frame rates (and adjusted the graphics settings so the GPU wasn't going to be overloaded) and that did nothing, if anything it may have been a little worse. I also tried rebooting it and running ISB without anything else. No change.

So what did change? Windows. Windows 10 loves to sneak in an update whenever it can. It even snuck in a quick one when I did the reboot earlier. Last night it snuck in a bigger one with multiple parts. I tried uninstalling them, but it wouldn't allow me to uninstall them all. There was still no change with the ones I could remove gone. So, I rolled Windows back to a previous version and turned off updates. This seems to have done it. It still seems to be a little off compared to before, but that could just be me being hyper-aware of the issue at the moment.

Has anyone else run into this? Did you find a solution? I'd love to be able to turn my updates back on!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:51 am

Just to be clear, you're saying that you've successfully multiboxed WoW in the past using only mouse broadcasting to move your characters, and you were able to do so for more than a few steps before they fell out of sync? Or not only, but in combination with follow? Or in some other specific way?

I'm not sure I fully understand what's happening outside of "I can't move my characters with mouse broadcasting anymore," since... no one is able to move their characters properly with only mouse broadcasting, and it's not how people multibox WoW. I'm sure you're familiar with this since you've been a member of this forum for almost seven years, and, presumably, a user of Inner Space and multiboxer of WoW during that time, so I'm just interested in some additional details as to what's happening, and where, specifically.
<<

Agent0013

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:45 am

No, I use Jamba Follow Strobing whenever possible! I've been using Jamba and ISB for nearly as long as I've been boxing. The time before that was learning and experimenting with other options to see what was best.

The most common place for me to broadcast the mouse for movement is in my Garrison. When the toons hearth in they all go to their individual Garrison and have no one to follow, but they all hearth to the exact same position, pointed the same direction. I have a macro that syncs camera angles that makes everything the same. Turn on mouse broadcasting and walk out of the building once instead of moving each toon individually. Someone inevitably clips a door or something due to the minor lag between games or having a different speed than the other toons, but I could consistently get them into the room just inside the entrance in one go. Manually line them up on the step, mount up, and mouse broadcast to fly them all off to the herb garden, or wherever and they'd all be very close to the same position. It was never perfect, but with only 1-2% error it was still highly useable. I would have lost my sanity in WoD without it!

Yesterday, I couldn't get people out of the room you hearth into, and once I put them on the doorstep, one toon made it to the herb garden, and the rest were down by the three small buildings near the entrance of the Garrison.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of fix, other than what bob has already stated, but I will say that you are the first person (that I know of) who has claimed to have been able to successfully navigate around in Garrisons with mouse broadcasting, as everyone I've talked to does it either manually, or by interacting with NPCs.
<<

Agent0013

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:47 pm

I'd completely forgotten you could move using interact with click to move enabled!

If a Windows update is going to be my downfall for this then it will only be a matter of time before it happens. Thank you for reminding me of the alternative. I've been playing with it all week and found that it has some uses for other things as well that I've found helpful.

Return to Repeater