FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

mouse repeater is messing my "follow me"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:21 pm

mouse repeater is messing my "follow me"

Hello,

I multibox two chars and I my isboxer setup so that if I switch screens the char on the new screen will begin following. This works fine, but I tried to use mouse repeater and when I did so, it stopped my follow from working properly. Instead of following they other char would actually run away from me. I have attached a zip of my profile. I am sorry. .I could not figure out how to save the URL from privatepaste.
Attachments
myisboxerprofile.zip
(6.63 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: mouse repeater is messing my "follow me"

I'm going to guess this... http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_do_ ... ections.3F, but I don't really know. Seeing your profile would help.

kasmar45 wrote:I could not figure out how to save the URL from privatepaste.

To save the url from PrivatePaste.com, after you have saved your paste (by clicking the Save Paste button on the website), in the address bar of your web browser it will say something like http://privatepaste.com/aa7ggd1234, just copy and paste that into your forum post. Unfortunately what you have zipped up and attached is an html page, which actually contains no data, and is of no use.

If you want to attach your ISBoxer profile directly to a forum post you can do that too, by using the File Menu in ISBoxer, select Save As, and save out the file to your computer, and then attaching that file to the forum post.
<<

kasmar45

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 pm

thanks for the reply. I did as you said and here is the URL.

http://www.privatepaste.com/ee13f67967

I will go back and check out the broadcasting thing.. If I am doing that, I am not aware of it.

I do not use keys to move my chars. I do all movement with my mouse. The only time I use keys to move is if I have to back up, or jump or something out of the ordinary.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:23 pm

There is nothing too fancy in the setup.

You don't have a hotkey set on Mouse Repeater according to your config (Key Maps -> Always On -> Activate Mouse Repeat). You do have the general all key broadcasting though (Key Maps -> Always On -> Activate Repeat), which includes the normal keyboard too, so that might be why they move in different directions. This only applies if they are running away from you when you actually move rather than immediately on switch.

If they are running away immediately when you switch, then the only other suggestion I have for what is happening is that the Target selection is not occurring fast enough. This in theory has nothing to do with whether the broadcasting is enabled or not.
Normally there is a delay in the process because you press the ALT+F hotkey and it does the target, and when you let go it issues the Follow command. With it setup on the switch character, then the delay between the two actions is pretty much non-existent, so the client has not actually finished setting the Target before the Follow command is sent to the client.
<<

kasmar45

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks for the Info Bob. It was the broadcasting that was causing my problems. I did not understand what was going on. I sort of do now, but I have time now to play around with it and learn. Anyway... turning broadcasting off solved my follow problem... thanks again

Return to Repeater