FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Creating New Repeater Regions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TMJ

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:51 pm

Creating New Repeater Regions

I have several questions regarding repeater regions:

1. Can I create custom repeater regions other than the standard green one that comes on the wizard?
2. Can repeater region overlay be used on non-action bar items?
3. How can I move the region after initial set up? Also how to move other gui overlays like keymaps toggle, broadcasting toggle, formations ect..?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Re: Creating New Repeater Regions

TMJ wrote:I have several questions regarding repeater regions:
I suspect you mean the Menu's when you are taking about repeater regions. Repeater Regions are something else again.

TMJ wrote:1. Can I create custom repeater regions other than the standard green one that comes on the wizard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6gsNLMsVI&t=2m50s This takes you through copying the Standard menu (the one which covers your action bar), but you don't have to (I suggest this because it takes you through the pieces.
You can roll your own -> http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Menu.
A custom menu setup. http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3992
TMJ wrote:2. Can repeater region overlay be used on non-action bar items?
Yep. Depending on usage you might actually want a real repeater region. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Repeater_Region
TMJ wrote:3. How can I move the region after initial set up? Also how to move other gui overlays like keymaps toggle, broadcasting toggle, formations ect..?
CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G to open the in game ISBoxer GUI, just like that big welcome message said when you first launched the team. This will pop title bars on the Menu's so you can drag/drop them around. Hit the Save Postiion button on the Menu tab. Press the same combo again to close the ISBoxer in-game GUI.
<<

TMJ

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Yes I was actually talking about menus at first, sorry the terminology is a bit confusing to me being a new user. So I understand menus now and the information you posted about menus is what I was looking for. However, I am also looking to create an area where I can click my mouse ( this would be an area that is not an action bar and has no keybinds associated with it, such as add-ons or other in game clickable regions) and it will repeat to all team members. Currently I am turning broadcast on to do this, which is a bit annoying and causes me to do extra actions to turn it off/on. Perhaps the worst part is if I am in combat and spamming hotkeys/movement it will break my team formation because I didn't turn off broadcast fast enough. This can sometimes result in a split up team who have aggro, and they all die wasting a bunch of time.

So do I use a custom menu and just put it over the area i wish to mouse click/send to all team members? Or do I create a repeater region?

The menu creation seems fairly simple if I follow the guide you linked. If I need to create a repeater region how do I do this?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:09 pm

TMJ wrote:If I need to create a repeater region how do I do this?

Open the ISBoxer in game GUI (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G)
Select the Repeater Region tab.
Give your region a name
Select a target (if you want every window to get the same thing, then "all other")
Hit the Add button
This will add a red window to the current screen. Using the title bar of that, drag it to where you want it, size it using the edges.
Back in the ISBoxer GUI, hit Sync. This will copy the region to all slots (you can reposition the other slots if you want so the source and destination regions do not need to be in the same location).
Hit Save As
Close the ISBoxer in game GUI (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G)
<<

TMJ

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:17 pm

TY Bob! works like a charm :D

Return to Repeater