Moderator: MiRai

<<

phreak123

Post Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Returning after long hiatus, cannot figure out key broadcast

ing. Trying to multibox WoW.

This is what I'm trying to set up:
1. A whitelist of keys that will always be broadcasted to all windows
2. No mouse broadcasting, seems to be always enabled which will screw me up in WoW, not sure where to disable this
3. An override button I can press to force broadcast a key (when I need to move all my characters with wsad)

I almost had it set up, but for some reason keys 1 thru = on my keyboard were always broadcasted even if I turned broadcasting off. They also appear to be mapped to this bar on my screen with green buttons.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use Repeater (like I remember using years ago) or the new-fangled key maps, which make no sense at all and I can't figure out...

I also remember a key that I would press to enable or disable broadcasting as a whole, but can't for the life of me figure out where to bind it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Re: Returning after long hiatus, cannot figure out key broadcast

phreak123 wrote:1. A whitelist of keys that will always be broadcasted to all windows

White/Black lists can be set up in your Repeater Profile.

phreak123 wrote:2. No mouse broadcasting, seems to be always enabled which will screw me up in WoW, not sure where to disable this

Take a look at the "Activate Repeat" Mapped Keys in the Always On Key Map. You can make a copy of it (right-click > make copy), set a new Hotkey, and then adjust the Action which turns on Mouse Repeat.

phreak123 wrote:3. An override button I can press to force broadcast a key (when I need to move all my characters with wsad)

It sounds like you need to use the Mapped Key Wizard to set up a Straight Key Broadcast, but I don't know how this might interfere with your current setup.

phreak123 wrote:I almost had it set up, but for some reason keys 1 thru = on my keyboard were always broadcasted even if I turned broadcasting off. They also appear to be mapped to this bar on my screen with green buttons.

1 through = is broadcast by default unless you specifically chose to not set that up during the final step of the Wizard. If you want to disable that, then you can remove the Standard Menu from your Character Set by clicking on your Character Set in the upper left, selecting it in the lower left, and then pressing delete.

phreak123 wrote:I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use Repeater (like I remember using years ago) or the new-fangled key maps, which make no sense at all and I can't figure out...

The way you're attempting to set up ISBoxer is not recommended. Also, Key Maps and Mapped Keys have always been a part of ISBoxer, and they're two of the main features which have set ISBoxer apart from every other multiboxing solution to date.

phreak123 wrote:I also remember a key that I would press to enable or disable broadcasting as a whole, but can't for the life of me figure out where to bind it.

I'm guessing you're looking for Shift Alt R?

I'll end by saying that you're attempting to use ISBoxer for WoW in a way that isn't recommended due to not only how inefficient and limiting it can be to use, but how tedious it is to set up. I would highly recommend learning to use it the way it was designed to be used (Key Maps, Mapped Keys, Actions, etc.), rather than attempting to move against that flow.

To start, you should really be looking at the Quick Start Guide for World of Warcraft on the Wiki, as well as the associated setup video on the same page created by Lax. I also have a beginner series consisting of several videos which take players through what ISBoxer has to offer, as well as a pro series for those who want the most out of ISBoxer.

If you want to continue down your current path and use ISBoxer how you currently are, then future support, or access to features, may be limited. This isn't some weird threat or anything like that, but when people journey far from the "standard" setup... they're kind of on their own. We can answer any ISBoxer-related questions, but there may come a time where we'll have to tell you that whatever you're trying to do isn't going to work because of the way you've decided to set things up on your own. I don't have any specific situations where this could happen, but I know that there have been such discussions on the live chat several times throughout the years.

Return to Repeater