FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] 21/9 ratio and 16/9 ratio with repeater

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Stukkie

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:14 am

21/9 ratio and 16/9 ratio with repeater

I'm using 2 computers to multibox WoW.
I recently bought this monitor (http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM95) 21/9 ratio with a reso of 3440*1440.

The problem is that since i use this monitor i haven't been able to get the repeater working properly on the slave PC. The cursor seems way off.
On the slave pc i manually edited the size of the regions to match the size of the slave boxes on the main boxes. I would like to keep the resolutions on the main pc if possible, if it's not possible then it's fine too, i want my perfect mouse broadcasting back. :P
I tried the stuff suggested in Mirai his video but it didn't help.
Can you please take a look an tell me what i'm doing wrong? Thanks a bunch :)

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:24 am

Re: 21/9 ratio and 16/9 ratio with repeater

Maybe my math is off but 3440x1440 is a 43:18 aspect ratio, not 21:9, but I guess what's a 0.5 between friends.

Things to try:
1. Put your active region on the left hand side. I say this because you have some blue space there I assume is the second PC?? - if you created this on you main PC then you need to make sure that you create the window layout selecting the Character Set that has your slave PC assigned with it's DISPLAY setting of 1920x1080 (assumption) because other wise the positioning will be off because it thinks the display for the Window Layout will be 3440x1440 as it will select this from your main PC! and this will be saved to the Window Layout and travel around with it regardless of which PC you run it on.

2. Check your Repeater Profile, and verify the Cursor positioning mode. It should be "From upper left corner".
3. Make sure the game knows it is in a weird size. Some games have minimum sizes they work at and may not appreciate being forced smaller.

It is also easier to work some of this out if you share your config (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13) as we can then dig down into the less obvious details.
<<

Stukkie

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:03 am

Hey Bob

1. I tried moving the regions to the left side of the screen but in the end the result is the same.

if you created this on you main PC then you need to make sure that you create the window layout selecting the Character Set that has your slave PC assigned with it's DISPLAY setting of 1920x1080 (assumption) because other wise the positioning will be off because it thinks the display for the Window Layout will be 3440x1440 as it will select this from your main PC!

When i create a new region on my MAIN pc it recognizes the resolution of 1920*1080 of the SLAVE pc monitor. After this i adjusted the regions of the Slaves on SLAVE pc to match the resolution of the slaves on the MAIN pc. (all slaves on both pcs run at 430*180 resolution) Is this the right way to do it?

2. Cursor positioning mode is "From upper left corner"

3. I'l playing WoW, The UI is a bit different scale, addons but thats all stuff i can adjust ingame. Problem is that the cursor is in a different place on the slave pc with repeater.

Here's my config : http://www.privatepaste.com/b312c9f920

Thanks for helping me out :)
<<

bob

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 am

From what I can see it is correct so there are no issues in the Window Layout.

After thinking about it, I'm going back on what I previously said. You may want to set the Repeater profile to "Scaled to fit: From Upper Left" (the centre one may work too) as the secondary PC has a smaller screen, but there is no scaling of the movement of the mouse between the two, so when you move to pixel 1920,40 on your main PC then you are at the far edge of your second PC which only has a 1920,1080 display, but on your main you are only just past centre.

The other way to fix that would be to create a region on your second PC that is 3210x1260 and use this as the Reset region only in the Swap Group. This would then allow Innerspace to perform the scaling as it knows the internal render size on the second PC vs the display size of the Active/Slave regions, plus it would sort the UI scaling too. It does have the obvious impact of quadrupling+ the number of pixels that the second PC needs to drive though so hopefully you have a decent card in there.
<<

Stukkie

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:48 pm

bob wrote:The other way to fix that would be to create a region on your second PC that is 3210x1260 and use this as the Reset region only in the Swap Group. This would then allow Innerspace to perform the scaling as it knows the internal render size on the second PC vs the display size of the Active/Slave regions, plus it would sort the UI scaling too. It does have the obvious impact of quadrupling+ the number of pixels that the second PC needs to drive though so hopefully you have a decent card in there.

Could you please explain me how i do this? I have a hard time understanding what exactly needs to be done. :?
<<

bob

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Go to Window Layouts, select the window layout used for your second PC, in the lower left node select regions, on the right side, right click in the display area, select Add Region. Set the properties for this, including the size.

Then change to the Swap Group tab, and where it says Reset Region, select the newly created region of enormous size. Save and export.

edit: reset, not rest.
Last edited by bob on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Stukkie

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 am

Bob, you're a god amongst men. This was exactly what i was looking for! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to Repeater