FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Account Mute Button

Moderator: MiRai

<<

twarhurst

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Account Mute Button

You may all probably laugh and find this real simple to do, but I've been struggling all day with it.

I made the jump to isboxer long ago, 3 boxing diablo with no issues using all the default configs. But last week I decided I wanted to add a 4th account to my setup.

What I'm trying to do is create a button that will mute my 4th account until I press it again.

Here's my situation; I play with my 4 characters for an hour, my brother wants a boost through something, so I close the 4th account totally and he joins. I then have to reload the 4th account when he leaves 10 minutes later.

I'm trying to avoid the closing of that 4th account, but I'm struggling.

I'm afraid I'm not the brightest spark in the world and I was reluctant in posting on the forums in fears of people flaming me for repeat topics etc. But I'm at a stage where I'm starting to boil with rage!

Please help, or advise me of the best method to achieve this task.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Account Mute Button

You can either set up a 2-Step Mapped Key with a Volume Action (no Wiki documentation at the moment) which will toggle the volume on and off, or you can just right-click on your Windows sound icon in the system tray, select Volume Mixer, and then mute or un-mute the game client manually.
<<

twarhurst

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:40 pm

I guess my choice of topic words was not the best, but I'm not trying to mute the sound, just one account from "mouse and key" commands. So it lays there dormant doing nothing while I play the other three accounts.
<<

twarhurst

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:00 pm

I don't know if it was the correct way to do it or not, but I found a method using a copy of the default activate repeat and told it to only use my three box group and bound it to a hotkey, then deleted the 2nd step.

Works for now, so I'm happy! /breathes a sigh of relief! :D
<<

twarhurst

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:12 pm

WoWsers......

I think a break and a hot chocolate shed some light on all of this, after a day of reading I think I just had brain overload.

I created a Action Target Group that consists of the four players and created a hotkey with popup text to remove characters individually.

Sorry to have cluttered the forum. Free free to delete/lock this thread.

Thanks.
<<

LargeChicken

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:40 pm

twarhurst wrote:I don't know if it was the correct way to do it or not, but I found a method using a copy of the default activate repeat and told it to only use my three box group and bound it to a hotkey, then deleted the 2nd step.

Works for now, so I'm happy! /breathes a sigh of relief! :D

That would work. If you're looking for another way to do it you can also create an action target group and point your repeater to it. From there create a hotkey that toggles the selected character to be added or removed from that target group. Let me know if you want more info on that. It's a little more on the fly configurable than the method you used but in the end it does the same thing.
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I've got 17 ATG's (and growing) that I move in and out of for various reasons.
It got a bit complicated to try and remember the hotkey sequences so I built a Menu for it instead. http://imgur.com/JIQsrRx It's not hugely pretty because I'm not a graphics guy, and the ticks and crosses are just specific fonts. I can hide the big ugly slug too, as it all displays or hides on the ATG button. But you just click a button and the character is in or out of the ATG.

Afterwards I found the TIB-WIDGET menu (which has the same feature! in amongst many others) in the Menu forum viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3937. It looks pretty, but is for WOW so would require mods for a 6 man team for me, and my GIMP+ skills are lousy.

There is a fair bit of config behind it now, but it started out small. A simple four man in/out of a single ATG is doable with a small effort (10 - 12 keymaps to manage it, and the menu setup).

Return to Repeater