FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Broadcast to some, not all screens?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Toosdey

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:24 pm

Broadcast to some, not all screens?

Started Quad boxing D3 instead of just duo boxing. Need to level 2 new guys that can't adventure mode on their own.
Issue is I'm leveling on Lv70 torment difficulties, so I need to leave them back a distance while still controlling my two 70's.

Is there any way to have broadcasting only effect certain windows instead of all windows?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: Broadcast to some, not all screens?

Toosdey wrote:Is there any way to have broadcasting only effect certain windows instead of all windows?

Yes.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Broadcast ... of_windows
<<

Toosdey

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:50 pm

Does Diablo 3 require specific extras? I have tried what the wiki said multiple times but the hotkey will always broadcast to all windows (yes I made sure to make each one a separate key combo)?

EDIT: I noticed that the isboxer menu's in the videos aren't the same for mine. Is it possible that the video needs to be updated?
For example, My copies of Active Repeat -> Steps are different than yours. When I click on them I get fairly different settings in mine than your video.

1. Active Repeat in Always On Key Map Set 2 -> All Other
|-> Step
|---> Actions
|-----> Repeater mouse Off keyboar Off -> Isboxer&~dxnothing
|-----> Popup Text -> isboxer&~dxnothing
|----->Change <NO BUTTON> in <NO CLICK BAR>-> all
|----->Change Button 2 in Button set 'Toggles' -> all
|----->Active Repeat in Always On Key Map Set 2 -> all other

2. Active Repeat in Always On Key Map Set 1 -> All Other
|-> Step
|---> Actions
|-----> Repeater Target 'all other' -> Isboxer&~dxnothing
|-----> Repeater mouse Off keyboar Off -> Isboxer&~dxnothing
|-----> Popup Text -> isboxer&~dxnothing
|----->Change <NO BUTTON> in <NO CLICK BAR>-> all
|----->Change Button 2 in Button set 'Toggles' -> all
|----->Active Repeat in Always On Key Map Set 2 -> all other

EDIT 2: On the off chance it matters, I use the Quick Setup Wizard to set up my D3 multiboxing

EDIT 3: Alright I found the issue and here is what I had to do to get it working.

First, I had to put the step with "Key Map Set 1" as step 1 for my new repeater effecting the TAG. Then I had to modify the Repeater Target in that one instead of making a new one.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:49 pm

In the future, instead of attempting to explain things by creating ASCII-esque pictures of what your Mapped Keys look like, you can just share your profile so that we can see it and troubleshoot it. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Ah, right. The guide assumes that you will have Broadcasting Mode start OFF in all windows, and for Diablo 3 you're having it start ON.

The Repeater Target that will be active when you first launch your team is configured in your Repeater Profile, and defaults to "all other" (Window: All w/o Current). Until you use the Shift+Alt+R toggle, this default Repeater Target is active. I don't necessarily recommend changing it there (you certainly can) but be aware that this is the default setting.

Secondly this is the part that sets who the broadcasts to in what you described:
|-----> Repeater Target 'all other' -> Isboxer&~dxnothing

This is saying that for every isboxer window except dxnothing (if you're using it; most people don't), the Repeater Target (where broadcasts should go to from that window) should be "all other" (Window: All w/o Current). That's what you want to adjust.

---------------------
New suggestion:

The Mapped Key Wizard has a "Broadcasting Toggler" option that the howto should actually be updated to use. In the Wizards menu, select Mapped Key Wizard. Pick a Key Map to put the toggle in; probably "Always On" but make sure you pick a Hotkey you're not going to need for some other reason (like typing in the chat window for example, so you don't want your hotkey to be Enter...). After picking the Key Map, it will ask you what type of mapped key to set up, pick "Broadcasting Toggler". Then you get to fill in the details of how your toggle should work; Name it, Hotkey it, check the "This toggle should turn broadcasting OFF instead of ON" box (since your broadcasting mode starts on), and choose from the FROM/TO boxes.

Return to Repeater