FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater region covering my grid to go to 2 of the 5 slots

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ockhamsrazor

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:33 am

Repeater region covering my grid to go to 2 of the 5 slots

Hi Lax, sorry for bothering you the question but I just can't figure this out.

I installed ISBoxer this weekend and have been busy getting everything configured and setup. I love that your quick wizard handles most of the basic setup - GREAT product so far.

The whole repeater region feature is fantastic and I easily got it setup to work with Grid and clique. However my dilema is this.....

Ideally I want a single region that will pass left and right clicks to just 2 of my 5 slots. Right clicks will go to both slots and left click to just one of the slots. I couldn't figure out how to configure it, and clearly I can't overlay two regions on top of each other to accomplish the goal either (I tried that :-))

So for the moment I have two regions setup side by side and I have to remember to click in different areas depending on what type of heal I want.

Can I configure this somehow? If so, please use simple instructions because I have a simple mind :-)

Thanks,
Matt
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Repeater region covering my grid to go to 2 of the 5 slots

If you want your Repeater region to send to 2 slots, here's what you need to do.

First, create an Action Target Group (ATG) that contains both of the two Characters:
1. Right click "Action Target Groups" in the top pane and select New Action Target Group
2. Name it something short and sweet, like "healers"
3. With the ATG selected in the top pane so the bottom left shows the ATG and "Characters", drag each Character that should be in this ATG from the top pane, to the bottom left (they will appear under Characters in the bottom left after dragging)
Now your ATG is ready and after Exporting, will show up for selection when you are creating your Repeater Region(s).

When you are creating your region, first check "Block local click" and then select the ATG from the drop-down. This will make sure it doesn't click in the current window unless it's in the ATG.

As far as sending different clicks to different windows (e.g. left click only to one of them), Repeater Regions are intended to be very simple and therefore don't specifically provide this capability. The easiest thing to do is just to drop the left click function from Clique for that character. However, if you really want, you can get the complexity you want from a slightly different method that people have been experimenting with. Check out this thread on dual-boxing.com: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=30511 -- read through the whole thing to see what these guys are working with, don't start trying to copy what they're doing until you get to the end because the stuff on the first page is drastically different than on page 2. On Page 2 I describe how to use Click Bars instead of Repeater Regions, and then a couple posts down Jafula shows some screenshots (both of ISBoxer config and in-game) of how he used the idea.

Return to Repeater