FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Disabling 1 client from receiving repeater?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Salgressor

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 am

[EVE] Disabling 1 client from receiving repeater?

Hey guys,
I was wondering if there was possibly a way to temporarily disable 1 client out of say 4 from receiving my repeater commands?

Say, a button on the client I can simply click to stop it receiving my repeater commands.

Scenario:
So I am running 4 DPS Remote Rep ships to run sleepers in wormholes, I have 5 clients open in ISBoxer. 4 DPS and 1 Salvager/Scout.

I need the ability to temporarily disable my scout from receiving these repeater commands, so it will not warp off somewhere on it's own or decloak etc until I require to move the whole fleet at once.
How can I achieve this? I played around with Action Target Groups per advice from the chatroom, but I could not get it to work properly.

Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 am

Re: [EVE] Disabling 1 client from receiving repeater?

HOWTO: Broadcast to specific sets of windows

Setting up the Action Target Group is a good start, now you need to set the Repeater Target via a Repeater Target Action.
<<

Salgressor

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey,
Thanks for the reply, I set up the ATGs and Repeater Targets again to the letter, and they still will not work.

When I use my hotkey(s) to switch a client to a different ATG, I get no confirmation and my Repeater still Broadcasts to ALL clients including the one I left and joined (or so I thought) another ATG with.

Do you have any ideas why I cannot get this to work?

Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 pm

When I use my hotkey(s) to switch a client to a different ATG, I get no confirmation and my Repeater still Broadcasts to ALL clients including the one I left and joined (or so I thought) another ATG with.

I'm reading what you said but I don't follow what you're doing. You say you're "switching a client to a different ATG" which would seem to imply that you're using a Target Group Action which does exactly that -- switches a client to a different ATG. That's fine, you can alter ATGs on the fly, but that's not the same as using a Repeater Target Action to change where a given window sends Repeater broadcasts.

Show me your configuration and I'll take a look... See Configuration Sharing
<<

Salgressor

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Hey joe,

I have put my configuration here http://privatepaste.com/419c484bdd
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Okay.

So, first of all, your "ATG Groups" Key Map has each of your Hotkeys double-bound.

Ctrl+Shift+1 is assigned to two Mapped Keys -- "Agg Join ATG 1" and "Agg Leave ATG 1", and part of your confusion probably lies in that they are both going to activate when you press Ctrl+Shift+1. Same for Ctrl+Shift+2, and Ctrl+Shift+3. If it were not double-bound, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+1 once would put "Agg" in "ATG 1", then pressing it again would remove "Agg" from "ATG 1". Because it is double-bound, pressing Ctrl+Shift+1 once will have "Agg" join and then leave "ATG 1", and pressing it again will have "Agg" leave and then join "ATG 1".

You should remove the "Leave ATG" Mapped Keys from this Key Map since the toggling behavior is built into the "Join ATG" Mapped Keys.

Secondly, be aware that you will have to use the "Activate Repeat" Mapped Key -- after using your ATG toggles -- in order to activate the Repeater Target Actions within it.

Lastly, instead of disabling a client from "receiving", what you have currently configured will disable a client from "sending". Follow along:
1. ATG 1 starts out empty, and turning on Activate Repeat is going to broadcast to "all other"
2. You press Ctrl+Shift+1, making Slot 1 join "ATG 1". Nobody else is ever in "ATG 1" because they are not assigned it in ISBoxer, and no Target Group Action can add anyone but Slot 1 to this group. So the guy in Slot 1 is now the only one in "ATG 1"
3. You press Shift+Alt+R, which tells all windows to have a Repeater Target (where sending broadcasts goes) of "all other", followed by overrides for anyone who happens to be within ATG 1, 2 3 or 4 to only broadcast to that particular group
4. Window 1 now only broadcasts to the other windows in ATG 1, which is the same as simply disabling Repeater when you're in window 1. The other windows will still broadcast to all other windows, including Window 1, which is the same as simply enabling Repeater when you're in windows 2, 3, 4, etc.

What you would want to do instead, is to set up an Action Target Group and put all of the Characters in it that should be receiving broadcasts. Set this ATG -- most likely with more than one Character in it -- as the Repeater Target. Then use a Target Group Action to remove someone from the ATG, when you want to stop them from receiving the broadcasts. Adding or removing from the ATG will instantly include or exclude the window in broadcasts, without having to re-activate Repeater.
<<

Salgressor

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Hey,
Sorry for the late reply and being such a newbie :P

I believe I have gotten it to work now, thanks to your assistance!
<<

Salgressor

Post Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Sorry for reviving a thread,

I found an excellent, fast and easy to follow tutorial for this from MiRai for anyone who wishes to do the same!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7JB9Wj4ySY

Return to Repeater