FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater regions and keystrokes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Straylight

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Repeater regions and keystrokes

Hi quick question. I have some repeater regions and I would like to send keyboard commands to the repeater targets when my mouse is in a region linked to that/those targets. Much like the way it works if you set up a Video FX region and click both the Repeater pass-thru and +keyboard check boxes. Can I do this?

Thanks
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: Repeater regions and keystrokes

From the wiki...

"A Repeater Region is an area of the game window where the mouse and relevant modifier keys (any combination of alt, ctrl, and shift) are automatically passed to a given Target (one or more windows)"

It would appear the answer is no (at least currently).
<<

Straylight

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:11 am

Hmm... that's somewhat disappointing.

What I would like to do is have a way to quickly switch between using a Video FX region to interact with the target that it is looking at and interact with my other windows at the same screen location. So if I'm clicking on something in one of my viewers, I can press a hotkey and make everyone click on that part of the screen. I was able to do this by having multiple sets of repeater regions and switching between them with a hotkey but I cannot pass keystrokes to my targets (in either "single target" or "multi-target" mode if I do it that way. Does anyone know of another way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:26 am

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you want to do. If what I propose below does not cover it, a specific example or use-case would help.

Anyway, I think you can do what you want by making a Mapped Key with 2 Actions:

1) a Sync Cursor Action
2) a Keystroke Action that sends the Key Combination Mouse1

You may or may not need to separate those Actions into 2 Steps, with the Mapped Key set to execute a step when "pressed OR released".

Return to Repeater