FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Turn repeater OFF for various accounts?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ronis

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Turn repeater OFF for various accounts?

So I just installed and configured ISBoxer and have it running nicely, getting 5 accounts up and running (EQ1). Im trying to figure out how to turn off Keyboard Repeater for just 1 of my accounts yet leave it enabled on the remainder of the accounts.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

Re: Turn repeater OFF for various accounts?

Well, generally you want to use Key Maps as opposed to leaving Repeater permanently enabled. This allows you to choose on a key-by-key basis which window it goes to, among other things.

If you want to change the Target for Repeater (where the broadcast goes), you will need a Mapped Key anyway. It needs a Repeater Target Action, with Target = all, Repeater Target = <all but 1 of your guys>.
To specify all but one of your guys like this, you will also need an Action Target Group (ATG for short). Action Target Groups let you set the Target (for broadcasts etc) to a specific group of characters. You'd just put everyone in it but the guy you don't want things going to.

But what I would recommend is to create a Key Map, and then right click on "Mapped Keys" in the bottom left, and select "Many new Mapped Keys". This will let you specify a bunch of Hotkeys at once, to broadcast to a Target of your choice (make that Action Target Group first), pretty easily. Then you just need to assign the Key Map to your Character Set.

Return to Repeater