FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater regions, multiple computers and resolutions...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dlphelan

Post Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Repeater regions, multiple computers and resolutions...

So, as in my other thread...

My setup is: Main PC, Account 1 at 1920x1080. Second PC, Accounts 2-5, each at 800x600 in a 4 x 4 grid.

Is it possible to use repeater regions to set up click healing with this setup?

I tried following Ualaa's excellent guide, but I got a bit lost since I'm running on two different computers. I did everything up until the hit "sync" step. Once I hit "sync," nothing happens. I suspect this is because there isn't a corresponding region in the other windows on the second PC, since the resolution is different.

Is it possible to set a region to receive a click on the main PC, then set specific regions to pass the click to on the 2nd PC? If so, can I still use it with Clique?

I was going to look into click bars for this too, but I wanted to see if I could get repeater regions working first.

Also, as an aside....

Do I need to save/export all on the main computer, then copy the saved xml file to the other computer manually, then load, export there too?

Thanks all and Lax in particular, for all the quick responses!

David
<<

dlphelan

Post Thu May 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: Repeater regions, multiple computers and resolutions...

I actually got this to work by moving the region on the main high resolution computer to the upper left corner, so that it was within the first 800x600 pixels of the screen.

Still having some issues though.

First, even though the target of the regions is an ATG with only one of the characters in it, the region appears on all four of the characters on the second computer, even though three are not in the ATG of the repeater region.

Second, I get really bad mouse lag on the repeated region (on the 2nd computer, not on the main account). It works just fine, but the mouse jerks and lags. I read another of the threads here that talked about having two foreground windows causing lagginess/jerkiness, but this happens even after I did the suggestion in the thread which was to use an ATG. I've also tried clicking and bringing to the foreground a different one of the accounts on the 2nd PC, but the lagginess is still present in the target account.

Things are starting to come together though and I'm sort of in awe of what I'll be able to do once I get a little more work done on these. Cheers to you Lax for an awesome program!

David

Return to Repeater