FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater General Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bravitzlana

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:51 am

Repeater General Issues

1- All I want to do is keep the game from broadcasting movement.
2- I read the manual and spent a few hours troubleshooting in game but I am unable to get ISBoxer to configure repeater, the menus really seem to be logically setup.
3- Nothing I do in the menus has an affect in game unless I start deleting defaults. I create my own objects, like key maps, and variable key strokes, but nothing affects in game.

What I've tried:
1-
Under ISBoxer->Key Maps->Variable Keystrokes:
I set all the movement keys to what I use, ESDF over WASD.
2-
Under Characters -> Variable Keystrokes:
I add in all the movement keystrokes and set them as, for example:
Move Forward is now (tried NO KEY, Alt, Backspace, and the blank field all with same in game result)

3-
Save

4-
Export to Inner Space

I don't understand why this doesn't work. Even doing WASD resulted in the same thing. Repeater is simply broadcasting everything I do. I made a test keymap group and went through the keymap wizard but still nothing.
I deleted the key map default groups: "Always On", "Non-combat", "Combat" and added in my own. I set keys for it, 1 thru = and mapped them to themselves to that the broadcast key would be the actual key, and configured it to a straight broadcast. The Repeater key was not clickable, that whole little 3 display window for both repeater and key maps was no longer allowed interaction. I had to either restart ISBoxer so the defaults reappeared or delete and readd my character sets.

The manual talks about disabling movement keys but does not specify how. I've had no luck with Google, and honestly since I've paid to use this thing I'm tired of searching through the forums for an answer to something that seems so basic no one should have to spend more than a few minutes trying to figure it out.

I just want to limit broadcast from ESDF....nothing fancy.

Anyone who can steer me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bravitzlana
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:39 am

Re: Reaper General Issues

I don't know what game you're playing but from your description I'm going to assume it's a standard MMORPG, and is not World of Warcraft. Entirely fine, but generally it is helpful to know what game you're playing.

I think the main issue is just that you're trying to do it backwards, and this is a relatively common thing for new multiboxers.

What you should be doing, is figuring out what you want to broadcast instead of assuming that you're going to be able to determine (and specifically limit) what you don't want to broadcast.

The Quick Start Guides explain this, it's not something you should have had to go searching for...
For example, under http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide_40#Part_4:_Gameplay_as_a_multiboxer
So, now that we've covered that example, we hope you don't want to broadcast everything; this is why we usually keep broadcasting disabled, and Key Maps enabled. The "A,A" icon should usually have gray arrows, and the "A,Z" icon should usually have green arrows. You only want to turn off Key Maps when you want to use the keys you have mapped as ISBoxer Hotkeys, to not do those Hotkeys anymore -- like to type in a chat box, type in your password, etc. if your Hotkeys would interfere. You can go with the broadcast everything method if you prefer, but this guide does not cover that.

If you WANT to go the route you're currently going -- and again, this is NOT my advice -- then what you're looking for is in your REPEATER PROFILE under WHITELIST/BLACKLIST. You're asking how to Black List ESDF and WASD, from broadcasting (Repeater).

The Variable Keystrokes which you modified, are just telling ISBoxer what buttons correspond to various Key Bindings in the game, like "Move forward" being W by default or E for you. It's not affecting any of the keys YOU push, just what ISBoxer will send, in the case where it wants to send "Move Forward". For example, if you were to use one of the Formations provided, it is very helpful that you have configured the keystrokes for the correct movement keys, so that ISBoxer can press the right keys. These buttons don't affect broadcasting/Repeater at all.

What I DO recommend doing, is first, start by clearing your configuration (File, Clear), and use the Quick Setup Wizard again to reset everything back to working correctly. Then, keep broadcasting off while you normally play the game. Instead of turning on broadcasting mode for everything, use the Mapped Key Wizard to specifically add the things that you do want to broadcast. This way, when you do temporarily need to broadcast everything, you aren't hindered by your previous thought that you should prevent E, D, S and F from broadcasting. For every Hotkey in the game that is configured that you want to broadcast, you can just press that Hotkey in the Mapped Key Wizard.

In step-by-step form:
1. In the File menu in ISBoxer, select Clear
2. Run the Quick Setup Wizard again
3. In the Wizards menu, select Mapped Key Wizard
4. Pick a Key Map to place hotkeys in, probably either Combat or Non-combat
5. Select the type of Mapped Key to create, probably either "Straight Key Broadcast" (which is going to be identical to broadcasting, and is extremely quick and easy to set up many of these at once) or "Assist and Broadcast" which is exactly the same, but also tries to Assist first. It may be important to note that "Assist and Broadcast" will not work in every game; if you're playing SWTOR for example you WILL need to use a separate Assist Hotkey.
6. Press Key Combinations in the "Press a key combination here" box. Note that if you configure "T" to broadcast, that does not include Alt+T, Ctrl+T, Shift+T, Alt+Ctrl+T, Alt+Shift+T, Ctrl+Shift+T or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+T, these are each different key combinations.
7. Click Finish
8. Export to Inner Space

Return to Repeater