FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Two computers, Mouse Repeater on one computer only

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dlphelan

Post Wed May 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Two computers, Mouse Repeater on one computer only

So, I've got two computers and five accounts.

Main PC: 1920x1080
Slave PC: 1600x1200 (broken into four regions of 800x600) No swapping.

I would like to enable mouse broadcasting on the Slave PC ONLY. So, just the four characters on the slave PC, no broadcasting from the main pc. I've got a separate mouse for the slave PC.

I've tried adding a second repeater profile that deals only with mouse broadcasting, but I haven't had any luck.

is this even possible?

David
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Two computers, Mouse Repeater on one computer only

It is indeed possible. You don't need a second Repeater Profile.

Start by making an Action Target Group that contains just the characters on that PC. Then set up a Mapped Key to use for your Mouse Repeat toggle. It should have 2 Steps. First one will turn on Mouse Repeat with a Repeater State Action, second will turn it back off. Additionally, each Step should get a Repeater Target Action. This will set up the window(s) that should receive the broadcast when Repeater is enabled. First Step should set it to "other <action target group>" (not including current, the mouse already will pass through on the current window unless specifically blocked via a check box), and the second Step should restore it back to "All w/o current" (all other).

If you need a full walkthrough let me know but if you're familiar with mapping keys in ISBoxer that should get you going
<<

dlphelan

Post Thu May 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Two computers, Mouse Repeater on one computer only

That sorta did the trick. It's still broadcasting to all five accounts (the four on the one PC, and then the one on the other). The action target group consists only of the characters on the 4x PC and the target of the mapped key is set to all of the action target group MouseBroadcasting (the four accounts on the 2nd PC).

I'm sure I'm just missing something...

David

Return to Repeater