FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Reapter Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mrshull

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm

Reapter Issues

Hello,

Thank you for allowing me to use the trial I do have a few Issues so far.

I am Playing Path of Exile
Its a mouse/Click to move game I am having issues with the mouse not being in the exact same positions on all screen I did Display all Info in the console and got this.
Can't copy paste my Console info hmm.

Anyways here is my Link to my Config http://www.privatepaste.com/a0ad4debe2

Also the console says stuff about Distortion 20%
50.0%x30.0% Distortion 20.0
200.0%x120.0% Distortion 80.0
<<

Mrshull

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Re: Reapter Issues

Two days no help hmm
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Sounds like the game is configured with different resolutions. Check the in-game video options and make sure they are the same in every window. Different windowed modes may behave differently as well.

This Diablo 3 section thread will mostly be relevant as well: Tips: Resolutions,Windowed modes,Text,Swapping Speed
<<

Mrshull

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 pm

anyone have a config I can have to use?
<<

Mrshull

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:49 pm

My resolutions in game are all the same.

Also where is a newER video of setting up Path Of Exile...
You say it works with it but I am having no luck? Should I use the Default profile?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:24 am

Umm... yeah... use the default profile. We don't have a "newer" video of setting up POE, there's practically nothing to set up.

If your resolutions in the game were all the same, then mouse broadcasting would be identical to each window.

Also the console says stuff about Distortion 20%
50.0%x30.0% Distortion 20.0
200.0%x120.0% Distortion 80.0

By the way I'm surprised you discovered this because it's right next to where ISBoxer shows you what resolution all of the game windows are using, and had you pasted the lines I would have pointed at the numbers and said "those are clearly not the same resolution". Distortion is when the Aspect Ratio of the window does not match the Aspect Ratio that the game is rendering.

It doesn't sound like you have tried changing the Windowed Mode setting in the game. This is one of the suggestions from the Tips thread that I linked to you earlier. If they are all in windowed mode, try setting it to full screen mode. If they are all in full screen mode, try setting it to windowed mode. If the game has a windowed fullscreen mode, try that. Different modes will behave differently. You will need to restart the game instances after changing this setting.
<<

Mrshull

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 pm

is there a way to manually set my mouse positions?
If I could just put the mouse in the correct position to begin with?
Because I have all my windows in the correct resolution now...Still my mouse is off.. The people who got this to work won't help at all for some reason..
I have Pm'ed for some help on how they set it up..
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:43 pm

is there a way to manually set my mouse positions?
If I could just put the mouse in the correct position to begin with?

No, that's not how it works. However, if you would like to provide me with information that I've asked for, I can potentially reproduce your bug and correct the issue.

Because I have all my windows in the correct resolution now...Still my mouse is off..

They seem correct to you but how can I verify this? I need information from the game's configuration and ISBoxer's configuration. And what version of Windows you're using will help too.

The people who got this to work won't help at all for some reason..
I have Pm'ed for some help on how they set it up..

They're just other customers like yourself, they're under no obligation to read your message or answer it... besides I promise they didn't do anything different than you did. I need more information from you in order to help you with your issue. I am here to help you with your issue, if you want help with it, you're still going about it the wrong way. I'm the guy you need to talk to in order to fix your issue. Not sure how else to say this.

If I have to keep guessing, there's one thing that comes to mind that might affect you and might affect hardly anyone else (i.e. fits the current situation). Windows has a font size (DPI) setting that depending on your display and version of Windows, might be configured higher than 96DPI/100%. It might be configured to 125% for example. Settings other than 100% can currently cause strange resolution-related problems.
<<

Mrshull

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:49 pm

hmm

The game is set at 800x600 Full screen
I posted that config file at the top
Windows 7 64bit not sure how to change DPI settings?
NVM I checked its at Small 100%
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Did you try setting it to windowed mode?

Someone else also has another suggestion that could help: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14828#p14828

Return to Repeater