FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeat mouse positioning.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Showtime0314

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:00 am

Repeat mouse positioning.

So I picked up ISboxer last night because I am really intrigued with the setup and how it works. However I am having issues with the cursor location on my second screen, while repeater is on and key map of course is off. I have read through the repeater forums and seen a lot of the same posts with the solution being the resolution could be off, or it could be that I am in different modes for the game itself "windowed" "full-screen" etc. I have gone step by step and it remains off.

My next step was to switch to Fit to Scale on the repeater default profile. This worked to an extent, while using repeater in the center of the screen its spot on. However if i open my character pane, or try to click on the mini map buttons its off by a good half an inch to an inch. The same goes for accepting quests and trying to move character moves to my action bar. So my question is why and is this something that I just have to deal with? Or am I doing something noobishly wrong that I just don't understand yet. I am using the

If it helps my window layout is "multi-monitor on \\.\ DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect).
Your help is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Repeat mouse positioning.

What game are you playing? This makes a difference because different games behave differently. For now I'm going to assume WoW.

I have read through the repeater forums and seen a lot of the same posts with the solution being the resolution could be off, or it could be that I am in different modes for the game itself "windowed" "full-screen" etc. I have gone step by step and it remains off.

The resolution is certainly different, that is why it is off. Also, it might be important to mention which mode it is actually set to, between windowed/fullscreen/etc. If World of Warcraft is in windowed mode, the actual resolution that the game lists in the video options is not accurate.

You can get an accurate reading from Inner Space from all windows at once. Here's how...
1. Right click Inner Space and select Console. This pops up the main Inner Space window and should have a console window in it (possibly behind the Patcher window if that's also up in the IS window)
2. In the Console window, enter the following command: relay all displayinfo

This will spit out, into the Console window, some information about the state of DirectX in each game window. It will tell you the resolution the game is rendering in, the size of the window, and whether the game is windowed or fullscreen, or forced window (fullscreen, but ISBoxer puts it in a window). The resolution the game is rendering in is important; the size of the window is not.

So my question is why and is this something that I just have to deal with?

Why is exactly what you found before, and no it's not something you just have to deal with ;)
Show me your configuration and we'll go from there. HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support.

One thing I will look for in your configuration is if you have multiple Character Sets with *differently-sized* Window Layouts, that reuse the same Character(s). If a Character is in multiple Character Sets, and is assigned different Window Layouts, then ISBoxer won't try to fix the resolution when you Export to Inner Space (because the right resolution will depend on the Character Set!). This is not a real common case, but the problem would not be obvious to you if this is it.
<<

Showtime0314

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Repeat mouse positioning.

So sorry, I am playing Warcraft.

Return to Repeater