FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Make Broadcast / Follow Hotkey

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Stok3d

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 pm

[WoW] Make Broadcast / Follow Hotkey

ISBoxer has two buttons in the top left of the screen that toggle Broadcast and Follow. Well, I want to save some time and make these into a shortcut key. I've been trying to do this in ISboxer->Key Maps->Control but am not having any luck. Also, I have a Logitech G700 Mouse and my mouse wheel can be pushed down, left and right. I'd like to toggle Broadcast on/off by pressing the mousewheel left for on and right for off. I don't see this option in the Hotkey options. Logitech calls these buttons #12 Left Scroll and #13 Right Scroll.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. In the past 48 hours I've recommended about a dozen ppl here. I doubt anyone has put in my email address for referral credit on the 7day trial, but I'm trying :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Re: [WoW] Make Broadcast / Follow Hotkey

As far as setting up your toggle, you're on the right track.

The easiest way is to create an alternate Hotkey for "Activate Maps", and manually add another Action to it that does "Activate Repeat". Here's the full step-by-tep:

1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select the Control Key Map (as you have correctly determined)
2. In the bottom left pane under Mapped Keys, right click on "Activate Maps" and select "Create Alternate Hotkey" (not Make Copy...)
3. Now at the bottom of the list in the bottom left pane is "Activate Maps - Alternate", select this new Mapped Key
4. Give it a Hotkey in the bottom right pane, at the top. The rest of the options should stay as automatically generated. (You can rename the Mapped Key to pretty much whatever you like, of course.)
5. In the bottom left pane, expand "Activate Maps - Alternate" so under it you see Steps, 1
6. Click on the 1 under Steps, so in the bottom right pane you should now see Actions, "Do Activate Maps in Control Key Map -> self"
7. Right click on "Do Activate Maps in Control Key Map -> self" and select "Copy Action to Clipboard"
8. Right click on "Actions" and select "Paste Action from Clipboard"
9. For one of the two Actions, which are both identical because one was copied from the other, in the drop-down labelled "Mapped Key" change it to "Activate Repeat" instead of "Activate Maps"
10. Export to Inner Space

Your you can check out your referral credits (trials don't show up, just ones who put in your e-mail and have already purchased) on lavishsoft.com on the My Account page under History. :)
<<

Stok3d

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Thank you so much. This does work perfectly. However, I am noticing that I actually just want to toggle broadcast only on/off and not include mapped keys as a potential option. Sorry for not explaining thoroughly.
<<

Stok3d

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:09 am

Simple Question & Lax has it almost answered

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2985

Sorry for the repost, but it's driving me nuts and i can't figure it out. Lax had my original question answered but I didn't realize I asked the question incorrectly :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:48 am

Okay, I see. Sorry for confusing you with those instructions, then.

It sounds like your question isn't so much about the Mapped Keys as it is about creating a Hotkey in ISBoxer using your Logitech G700.

The Logitech G700 is not a true Logitech G-series device (as the new G600 mouse is) and is not natively supported by Inner Space. All of its buttons beyond the 5 standard mouse buttons are implemented by emulating a keyboard, as opposed to specially-configurable buttons. Most mice are in the same boat.

So, when you do your mousewheel tilt left/right function, the mouse is either mapping it to one of Mouse1-Mouse5, or it is mapping it to keyboard buttons that should be recognized by Inner Space. Plugging myG700 into 2 different computers right now without SetPoint or drivers installed, the scroll wheel tilt does nothing. This suggests to me that you must configure that with SetPoint, and therefore SetPoint must be running as Administrator for your scroll wheel tilt to work. (FAQ: Why are my custom keyboard/mouse buttons not working?) With SetPoint running as Administrator, you should be able to do the left/right tilt clicks in the Hotkey picker boxes to set the Hotkey as you want it.
<<

Stok3d

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:48 pm

Your directions were superb. I completed what you stated step by step. I watched the two buttons in the top left of my screen each do an action of toggling on and off. Hitting my shortcut key 4x different times would complete the full cycle. However, I only wanted to touch my broadcast button (the right one) which makes my mouse movements broadcast all five of my screens and never mess with the mapped Keys (the left one).

As an end effect example after watching MiRai's "Interact with NPC" video, I will do the following to turn in a quest. I hit a button I already created which makes my clones pop up the quest dialog box that my main has selected, I then hit the key combo I hope to learn from Lax on making my mouse movement broadcast to all screens, turn in the quest, hit the broadcast mouse macro again to turn that off, and proceed to go about my merry way.

The quick on/off toggle of broadcast could also help in pvp and boss fights I'd imagine too.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 am

ISBoxer has two buttons in the top left of the screen that toggle Broadcast and Follow. Well, I want to save some time and make these into a shortcut key. I've been trying to do this in ISboxer->Key Maps->Control but am not having any luck. Also, I have a Logitech G700 Mouse and my mouse wheel can be pushed down, left and right. I'd like to toggle Broadcast on/off by pressing the mousewheel left for on and right for off. I don't see this option in the Hotkey options. Logitech calls these buttons #12 Left Scroll and #13 Right Scroll.

I'm confused. The default behaviour when you use Activate Maps (Shift+Alt+M) is to toggle Key Maps. This has nothing to do with Repeater. The default behaviour when you use Activate Repeat (Shift+Alt+R) is to toggle both mouse and key broadcasting (commonly called Repeater). This has nothing to do with Key Maps. None of that has anything to do with Follow.

As an end effect example after watching MiRai's "Interact with NPC" video, I will do the following to turn in a quest. I hit a button I already created which makes my clones pop up the quest dialog box that my main has selected, I then hit the key combo I hope to learn from Lax on making my mouse movement broadcast to all screens, turn in the quest, hit the broadcast mouse macro again to turn that off, and proceed to go about my merry way.

If you are only turning Repeater on and off quickly to accept quests it won't really matter that you are also broadcasting keystrokes at the same time. However, if for some reason that does matter, just give the Mapped Key called Activate Mouse Repeat in the Control Key Map a Hotkey (using the hotkey picker - the < button). Maybe Shift+Alt+Q. Then go into your setpoint software for your mouse and set right tilt to be Shift+Alt+Q.

This is pretty much how I toggle Repeater with my G700. I find flicking the mouse wheel to the right much easier than flicking it left so I just use the same motion to turn Repeater on and off. It is a bit more complicated to have one key combination turn that feature on and another to turn it off. But I'm not even sure that that is what you are after...

Return to Repeater