FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Scaled to fit required?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jag

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 pm

[WoW] Scaled to fit required?

Hi there,

I just purchased Innerspace a few hours ago (moving from Keyclone) and have been messing around with some of the settings.

I'm trying to get the mouse repeater to accurately position the cursor on each of the 5 game clients, but can only do so if the 'Scaled to fit' option is enabled.

It works pretty well, but should that setting be necessary as all the game clients are running identical in-game resolutions (1920x1200)? The actual resolutions as configured through ISBoxer differ due to their placement on my displays.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:07 am

Re: [WoW] Scaled to fit required?

Hi there. No, changing this option is absolutely positively not required; if it was necessary for everyone to use this option, it would simply be default...

If you find that it helps, then I think it is necessarily clear that the resolutions are not identical, regardless of whether the game shows the same number in each window.

There are a few different ways your Window Layout could possibly be set up to give you different resolutions...
* If you have differently-sized Regions, and Instant Swapping is un-checked, then the resolutions will NOT be synced
* If you have multiple monitors and have disabled "Cross-monitor Swapping" (one good reason to do this is to avoid a performance hit, for those with multiple GPUs), then even if Instant Swapping is enabled you could have differently-sized Active Regions (i.e. the big window) -- since there would be one on each monitor.

Or it could be that one or more of the windows is in a different mode between windowed/fullscreen/windowed fullscreen, that's easy to miss and could slightly change things for you.
<<

Jag

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11 am

Thanks for the tips!

Instant swapping wasn't enabled, but now is.

Could you clarify on where to find the cross-monitor option? I see it when using the wizard, but I built my profile by hand as I only saw templates with 2 monitors. If I need to rebuild it through the wizard, that's fine, but would rather avoid it if possible :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 am

The cross-monitor swapping option is a concept built into the wizard - what it does is creates a separate Swap Group in your Window Layout for each monitor, so that each monitor would have its own Active Region and you could put, say, 2 on one monitor and 3 on another. It's definitely easiest to build that using the wizard, but you can certainly try your hand at setting up multiple Swap Groups on your own. :)
<<

Jag

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks again. I've left for work so I'll have to give that a try this evening.

I'm using three monitors, so I'm assuming that I would have to create some of those groups on my own regardless, as even if the window layout profile was created through the wizard, I'd be breaking things if I moved a couple of the regions to the third monitor afterwards.

Anyways, I know I never set that up so I'm sure it's the issue. I really appreciate the quick/detailed replies.
<<

Jag

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am

Working now!

Thanks again.

Return to Repeater